PDA

View Full Version : cluster lights and climate control lights all out

martiniracing
09-05-2004, 08:55 PM
i was playing around with the defrost button, unpluged it and tried to use a voltmeter to find where the power was coming from (from the plug)

i checked all fuses in the kick panel and nothing relates to the cluster lights or the climate control lights.

just searched the forum and someone said maybe the dimmer switch and tcu (timing control unit) is fried?

are there no fuses for these cluster lights? everything else works, tach, odometer, clock and taillights, just not backlit no more

sam

aaron240
09-06-2004, 08:18 PM
There is a fuse in the kick pandel ( I think 3rd from bottom right) that protects the cluster, climate control, and sidemarker circuit. It is a 10A fuse, pull it and see if it is fried.

martiniracing
09-07-2004, 06:16 PM
idunno if it's too much to ask, but which one specfically? i checked pretty much all the fuses and none of them are blown

catchmydrift
09-07-2004, 11:06 PM
take off plastic around kick panal look to the left there is a white box on a bracket take it apart and look for anything fried if there isn't anything noticable just replace it....worked in my car, all the ac control lights and the ambiant dash lights came back on

martiniracing
09-09-2004, 07:59 PM
thanks dude.. i figured out what it was last nite, it was the TAIL LIGHT fuse.. something i never thought about checking.. it was a 15a fuse