PDA

View Full Version : Its finally here!!!!

turboslut
09-09-2004, 01:25 PM
http://www.aempower.com/press_events_detail.asp?aid=43

Nikeboy355
09-09-2004, 02:00 PM
Excellent but I don't think it is that impressive at that price... Come on, most of the standalones are in that price range anyways and I want to point out that HKS F-Con V Pro IS plug and play with the harness adapter except that you must be tuned at an HKS dealer... Sorry, I am trying to figure out what is so awesome about this...

Over_Center
09-09-2004, 02:43 PM
Its way more flexible than any other system offered for the SR or KA in the past. It a reasonable price for what you get.

BlackBomber
09-09-2004, 02:49 PM
Excellent but I don't think it is that impressive at that price... Come on, most of the standalones are in that price range anyways and I want to point out that HKS F-Con V Pro IS plug and play with the harness adapter except that you must be tuned at an HKS dealer... Sorry, I am trying to figure out what is so awesome about this...

simple, more EMS options. plus, similar to the FCON, it does not require you to build an engine harness or run any special crank trigger wheels etc. Switching back to your stock ECU is as simple as unplugging one and plugging in the stocker. I think one would argue that it has a few more features than the F-Con. And the street price is rumored to be around 1650 or so, which is very reasonable. Another thing i have noticed about AEM that i haven't seen with other EMSs is that you have direct access to the AEM engineers via their very active technical forum. They are supposed to be pretty good for tech support. atleast they have for my honda friends applications. The only thing i don't like is the requirement to use high impedance injectors.

yes... i have friends that drive hondas. http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/tear.gif J/K

BlackBomber
09-09-2004, 02:58 PM
here is my question... anyone confused with the model #s vs. sr20det years? Where would an S13 Blacktop sr20det fall into the model # range?

SykikCHIMP
09-09-2004, 05:12 PM
I'm pretty sure high impedence injectors are not required on the nissan apps, as most of our cars (afaik) come with low impedence injectors.

asad
09-09-2004, 05:27 PM
I'm pretty sure high impedence injectors are not required on the nissan apps, as most of our cars (afaik) come with low impedence injectors.

Uh, no http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Only low-impedance ones I know of are Pulsar GTi-R and Skyline GT-R top-feed 444cc/min injectors. All the OE sidefeeds are high-impedance.

Asad

Ovrated
09-09-2004, 05:29 PM
i second that

BlackBomber
09-09-2004, 05:38 PM

Straight from the AEM EFI Basics manual:

Fuel Injectors

The AEM PEMS requires the use of "saturated" or high-impedance fuel injectors. If "Peak and Hold" or low impedance injectors are to be used, an injector resistor must be used or you will damage the ECU. Resistors can be purchased from AEM. The PNP version of the AEM PEMS is configured for the stock injectors and no additional parts are required.

Dmax
09-09-2004, 07:38 PM
here is my question... anyone confused with the model #s vs. sr20det years? Where would an S13 Blacktop sr20det fall into the model # range?

Yea, I just noticed they don't seem to have a EMS for 95-96 and 97-98 RWD SR20DET on that application list... well that sux, I guss I'm not selling the PowerFC after all.

BlackBomber
09-09-2004, 07:40 PM
i think the blacktop will work with the 30-1601

Hugh
09-09-2004, 07:57 PM
The early blacktop should work fine. The later blacktop won't work without rewiring a couple pins. I don't know which ones they are, but my friend ran a kouki PowerFC on his zenki blacktop motor with a minor repinning.

BlackBomber
09-09-2004, 08:15 PM
The early blacktop should work fine. The later blacktop won't work without rewiring a couple pins. I don't know which ones they are, but my friend ran a kouki PowerFC on his zenki blacktop motor with a minor repinning.

so hugh, right now my s13 blacktop is running with a redtop ECU. You are saying that i should use the application listing for 91-95 180sx sr20det? Is there a way to ID what year the motor is without the original ECU using only the motorset. I don't have the tag from the clip...

formulaJEREMY
09-10-2004, 12:17 AM
Yeah, but why do they have to slap "drift" all over it?

SykikCHIMP
09-10-2004, 09:20 AM
doh.. your right (of course), I was thinking completely backwards.

Rembrandt Q. Einstein
09-10-2004, 09:28 AM
Since it is plug and play I assume it uses the MAF system.

Would it be easy to convert to a MAP system?

KSU_S13Less
09-10-2004, 09:35 AM
Yeah, but why do they have to slap "drift" all over it?

Because "drift" is JDM TyTE YOs! http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

24zer0
09-10-2004, 10:28 AM
the maf comment above made me think of intechanging, can this thing support other mafs. I assume it could but am wondering.

kovert
09-10-2004, 11:15 AM
$2,816.25!?! Its not even REMOTELY worth that price; that is completely outrageous. Thanks for nothing AEM!

Kookz
09-10-2004, 11:24 AM
$2,816.25!?! Its not even REMOTELY worth that price; that is completely outrageous. Thanks for nothing AEM!

That's with the wideband, and at AEM retail.

BlackBomber
09-10-2004, 05:47 PM

calm down, calm down. the street price is around 1600-1700. Their honda applications "Retail for over 2k" but can be had for 12-1400.

silzilla
09-10-2004, 07:10 PM
Yes you can run multiple mafs as well as map sensors! Its really easy. There is a pull down menu where you can select which maf/map you will be using, and then you wire it in and it is ready to go! I would recommend the GM 3 Bar map as it can be had for under $30 at any parts store. http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

sr20z3
09-10-2004, 08:36 PM
I would not recommend the GM map sensor. I ran the AEM in my Talon and switched over to the AEM 3.5 bar since it was way more accurate. You get what you pay for.