PDA

View Full Version : another SR20 idle issue

cuda510
09-09-2004, 04:48 PM
I know there are similar topics , but what i read..there seems to be some confusion. first of all, your sr, ka or whatever should idle just fine with out a MAFS or if it has a boost leak, thats what your iACV is for!

so i am driving.. car sputters... hmm.. boost leak.. no. oh look my mafs has a hole worn through the plastic sensor, sh*t! but wait.. its getting worse, my car doesnt want to idle! hmm. check timing, its waaaay off... well thats odd, meanwhile i change sparkplugs too. so i put this new mafs on my car, actually a E60 mafs from a 2001 or so Q45, my car revs all the way to 7000rpm with it, pretty cool, but my car still doesnt idle, sometimes wont start, i have to hold full throttle to get it to rev, then as soon as i let off it either dies or idles at about 400rpm then dies 5 secs later. I cant seem to get a good timing reading with the [censored] idle but it still seems to be off, what would cause this? bad CAS? i hope not...

section8240sx
09-09-2004, 05:01 PM
check the voltage coming from your tps...mine went out when i did my second sr swap into my hatch..the car wouldnt idle at all, but if i pulled on the throttle body it would be fine...i changed the tps sensor and there it is still chuckin along today..dam car

cuda510
09-09-2004, 05:04 PM
do you know what voltage it should be at? this is a Zenki s14 Sr BTW

section8240sx
09-09-2004, 05:08 PM
well first of all....unplug the tps while the car is trying to idle...if nothing happens than that will most likely be your problem...unfortunatly i dont know what voltage it should be at...but i have seen some recent posts of people discussing it...check under the search thing for tps voltage.

benevolent
09-09-2004, 05:56 PM
thats odd...i just happened to unplug my tps today while my car was idling. nothing happened,and it's good. it's actually part of the procedure for setting/checking ignition timing.it will idle fine plugged or unplugged.voltage on the power supply pin of the TPS should be 5vdc. on the signal side it should be 0.15-0.35vdc.while fully closed.

section8240sx
09-09-2004, 06:06 PM
oops...sorry about that..i thought that was what i did on my car to check mine...when i pulled it nothing happend...but when i replaced it, and then pulled it, something did happen...it studdard(sp)