PDA

View Full Version : M30 Project Car

nyeark
09-11-2004, 09:46 PM
I saw the thread about M30s while looking for some other information and it got me interested in hanging on to mine and fixing it up.

It's a hand-me-down and in pretty crappy shape, but I've always thought it had potential to be a really badass car, just I don't know enough to get it there.

Anyway, if I could get some advice on an engine/trans swap, as well as info on where to get said parts and how to install (or places that'll do it, if it's beyond me), I'd appreciate it.

nyeark
09-13-2004, 12:34 AM
http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Nothing? I know I'm a noob at this and might sound kinda stupid, but that's why I'm asking, since people here would probably know a good deal about this.

Even a "hey moron go read this webpage" would help...

MikeSable
09-13-2004, 12:07 PM
There is a gigantic thread that covers just about everything you could ever think of related to the F31 chassis. Jesus...it's even still within the top 10 threads on the first page.

nyeark
09-13-2004, 06:12 PM
There is a gigantic thread that covers just about everything you could ever think of related to the F31 chassis. Jesus...it's even still within the top 10 threads on the first page.

I saw it, but it's impossible to find any *specific* information and to someone new to this whole field, the information there is meaningless. For example, I didn't know the name of the chassis was F31. I'm looking for more specific information as well as clarification of it.

nyeark
09-14-2004, 06:53 PM
Alright, I went and did a little bit of research and answered some of my own questions but came up with a couple others.

Basically I want to do an engine/trans swap and am looking at:
SR20DET
RB20DET
RB25DET
RB26DETT
VG30DETT

Of these, which would be the most cost-effective? My car needs some other work (suspension, alignment, electrical, interior, body/paint) and I'm trying to keep total costs under $5K. If this isn't possible, then I'll have to put somethin on hold.

In the big-ass M30 thread, scourge advocated the RB26DETT over the VG30DETT - I'd like to know why, seeing as how the VG can be had for cheaper and a few sites I've found show both as having ~280HP.

MikeSable
09-17-2004, 12:17 PM
You want cheap and power, you want to drop in a Z31 300ZX VG30ET. Check out www.z31.com (http://www.z31.com) to see what they're capable of. Much less work required, since the M30 already has a VG30E.