PDA

View Full Version : prepping a S13 intake manifold for S14 KA-T...?

fiznat
09-16-2004, 05:25 PM
Quick background: I'm building a 1997 KA-T that's going into a 1993 S13. I will be using the S13 intake manifold to avoid OBD issues.
I've been looking at this S13 intake manifold for a little while now and I was hoping I could get a little help as to what needs to go and what needs to stay. I've removed the EGR, as well as the secondary butterflies... Well actually I only pulled the metal flaps out so far, I havnt looked into pulling the whole system out just yet.

There's a whole mess of vaccum hoses and crap along the bottom of this manifold: the AICV valve, a plate that bolted to the back of the head that's got some weird vaccum hose routing w/ some sensors, some sort of weird fuel-rail looking thing that plugs into the bottom of each intake runner, etc etc etc...

Can anyone here hold my hand a little bit and let me know what needs to go and how to route what needs to stay? I'd really appreciate it...

Thanks!

insndrvr
09-16-2004, 05:56 PM
Ok, to start, there are two things on the back of the manifold that are needed for idle control. They have the air supply that is run as a 1/2" metal tube along the engine side of the manifold. If you are removing emissions, you can get rid of just about everything else. The vacuum lines around the back with the solenoids are all emissions equipment. The fuel line looking thing that goes to each runner is the PCV hookup for the bottom part of the system. If you are gonna hook up a catch can or handle the crank case vent some other way, you can remove that as well. The secondary butterflies you already removed, if you want to pull out the rod, you can unbolt the actuator on the back of the manifold and there is a set screw or two along the length of the rod that needs to come out. You can make a plate to cover the actuator hole, and put the set screws back in. That should get you started.

mattmartindrift
09-16-2004, 06:27 PM
go stand alone use the S14 manifold w/o butterflies, be happy, be done, have a faster car!

wanabe_dorito_esx
09-17-2004, 09:13 PM
dude, you have my number, who you kidding

fiznat
09-20-2004, 01:43 PM
actually I lost your number http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I didnt even think of callin ya though, I should... call me: 860 575 3200 - I just got my engine back today from the shop, you can come over and play if you want!