PDA

View Full Version : Do I need my MAP SENSOR? S14 *pic*

BkFill
09-19-2004, 11:26 AM
http://mysite.verizon.net/bkfill/sr/04.jpg I have a S14 motor in there, its a BIG mess tryign to find out whats going on
I have a maf i heard it replaces the map

So do I need the MAP Sensor?

faljukin
09-19-2004, 12:17 PM
The hose in your hand is from the boost pressure sensor.
Its not a map sensor.

And yeah i think you can drive without it but you might aswell use it, just plug the hose into your ic.

benevolent
09-19-2004, 01:30 PM
so the manifold absolute pressure sensor is different from a regular boost pressure sensor? anyway.where does that harness go? i can'ty find reference to it in the FSM.does it go through the F3 at all?

mattmartindrift
09-19-2004, 01:56 PM
boost cut solenoid isn't it?

dan240t
09-19-2004, 06:25 PM
i dont think thats his SR clip. thats his actual car. which WOULD make it the MAP/BARO solenoid. its obd-2 bull****, rip it out. your SR wont use it anyways.

EDIT: i noticed the one guy above is from europe, which never got a ka24de motor. ka24de's run on a maf based system, but still utilize a Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor and a MAP/BARO solenoid to comply with OBD-2. it's mostly an emissions system unit, which isn't used on the SR motor, thus it can be removed.

BkFill
09-19-2004, 07:22 PM
http://mysite.verizon.net/bkfill/sr/

faljukin
09-21-2004, 03:21 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small[/img]Als antwoord op:</font><hr />
i dont think thats his SR clip. thats his actual car. which WOULD make it the MAP/BARO solenoid. its obd-2 bull****, rip it out. your SR wont use it anyways.

EDIT: i noticed the one guy above is from europe, which never got a ka24de motor. ka24de's run on a maf based system, but still utilize a Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor and a MAP/BARO solenoid to comply with OBD-2. it's mostly an emissions system unit, which isn't used on the SR motor, thus it can be removed.

[/QUOTE]

No our S14 zenki's use it and the S14 kouki's don't.
I'm not sure if the JDM zenki S14 SR is the same as ours but i think it is.
The euro/UK kouki S14 is a bit different.

Anyway the hose is attached to the ic cold pipe.