PDA

View Full Version : Energy Release and Red Line Oil Questions

**DONOTDELETE**
12-08-2001, 12:04 AM
1) I remember reading someones recommendation to use 2oz of Energy Release with an oil change to help clean it out and for protection against cold starts. I tried it today but on the bottle it said 2oz per qt. of oil. Any explanation as to why only 2oz per change was suggested. It might have been spec240 but im not sure. (I only used 2oz total for now--save's $$$)

2) I want to use Red Line Oil's Tranny fluid for my next change and I was just wondering what they have got figured out that other manufacturers dont? What makes them so good?

**DONOTDELETE**
12-08-2001, 12:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hughes9115:
I want to use Red Line Oil's Tranny fluid for my next change and I was just wondering what they have got figured out that other manufacturers dont? What makes them so good?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You get what you pay for - better engineering, better basestock and additives. The best brands (Redline, Amsoil, NEO) have been making synthetics for about 30 years, most companies have just recently jumped on the bandwagon (excepting Mobil1). Do you think Nissan or Honda knows anything that Kia doesn't?

Go here and read the sections on extended drain and "Why not more companies" (and read the whle thing while you're at it).
www.motoroilbible.com (http://www.motoroilbible.com)

And as far as "energy release' - I went to their website (VERY gimmicky and annoying graphics, slow even on a cable modem), sounds too much to me like Slick 50 hype. I notice they don't advertise much - I have never heard of them outside of 1 person on this forum. They seem to keep a low profile - possibly to keep the FTC from investigating their claims? If you are using a good oil there is probably no reason to use anything else (I used X1R before I started using Redline, don't anymore).

I mean come on - if they really had something you could wipe onto a metal surface and make it smoother and more wear resistant, wouldn't it be just a little more well known? Everyone would want it - they could name their price to sell the product rights to almost any large conglomerate, rather than peddling it on a lame website alongside chainsaw bar lubricant and "landscape bark renewer" LOL (I am NOT kidding).

Read here for similar ideas :

http://www.fernblatt.com/longhurst/snakeoil.html

[ 12-08-2001: Message edited by: Scott T ]