PDA

View Full Version : nut running lean but runs like crap

cdn_w_sr20
09-24-2004, 12:44 PM
was having all sorts of problems with my setup that recently got done. had 50# injectors and a Z32 mafs installed and then had the ecu tuned. I now have it to the point where the a/f gauge shows the yellow lights flickering which would mean it is not running lean anymore but still running like poo.

Now when i change the ground wire on the MAFS it does not at all effect the way the engine runs. so would this mean the mafs is likely the problem???

Nikeboy355
09-24-2004, 12:46 PM
how do the plugs look?
any codes on the ECU?

cdn_w_sr20
09-24-2004, 12:58 PM
spark plugs look good. the thing here is it doesn't matter how the heck the mafs is installed or if it is isntalled it still runs the same. that would be indicative of a crapped out mafs would it not and hence why the car runs like crap???

by codes i assume your talking about the red light flashing and it goes off right when the car is started.

cdn_w_sr20
09-24-2004, 01:07 PM
one wierd thig i noticed. when i took the plastic cap of the ecu plug i noticed a red/white wire was cut and not connected to anything. Not sure if that could be a problem, but it was likely like that before.

Nikeboy355
09-24-2004, 01:42 PM
by codes i assume your talking about the red light flashing and it goes off right when the car is started.

no... I was wondering about the "check engine light" codes... check your ECU and if you come up with code 12 then you have a MAFS problem(either wiring or the sensor itself)... you should also check the voltage values... on my Z32 MAFS it was .6V at key-on and .9V at idle, measurements taken at the signal wire(white wire) on the MAFS... it's a good place to start...

cdn_w_sr20
09-24-2004, 07:46 PM
No codes. If i'm correct its done using the little screw on the ecu right?

What voltage should be coming from the injectors when i test them?

Nikeboy355
09-24-2004, 07:56 PM
I'm not sure on the injector voltage but to run the codes you need to:
1. Put the key in the "on" position
2. turn the little screw all the way to the right(clockwise)
3. wait a second or two and then turn the little screw all the way to the left

codes will start flashing... if the code is 55, everything is OK...

to clear the codes, repeat 2 & 3... if you don't want to clear just turn the car off or on...

braypunt
03-23-2005, 05:21 PM
How does it show say code "55" on the ECU? Does it have an LCD display or something? Sorry total nub. Also does this apply to sr20det ECUs?

Nikeboy355
03-23-2005, 05:52 PM
you will see a sequence of light flashes on the LEDs on the ECU(little opening on one side of the ECU)... first will be the long ones and the then the short ones...

example:
long-long-long-long-short-short-short
equals code 43

some ECUs don't have the LEDs so you will have to splice the CEL(check engine light) wire to the gauge cluster and then one of the gauge clusters lights will act as the CEL light...

and yes this is for all SR20DETs

UltraPrince
03-23-2005, 06:19 PM
How does it show say code "55" on the ECU? Does it have an LCD display or something? Sorry total nub. Also does this apply to sr20det ECUs?

shuold be in binary.

_Def_
03-23-2005, 06:37 PM
shuold be in binary.

Not at all - correct interpretation of the light sequence is listed in the post above yours.

UltraPrince
03-23-2005, 06:44 PM
shuold be in binary.

Not at all - correct interpretation of the light sequence is listed in the post above yours.

you are right, it is similar to BCD but yes exactly like stated above.