PDA

View Full Version : Fog/Driving Lights for the OEM '97 Front Lip

**DONOTDELETE**
12-09-2001, 11:16 PM
I just added the factory lower lip on my Black '97 S14. Has anyone put fog or driving lights behind it that fit well into the holes in the lip? I'm thinking PIAA or CATS none of that PepBoys junk.

Mav1178
12-09-2001, 11:29 PM
And when you hit a big dip, I'll be right behind your car to pick myself up a few pair of foglights....

-alex

**DONOTDELETE**
12-10-2001, 04:47 AM
HAHA never thought of that, I havn't had to many problems with scraping the lip but I am worried about the chicago snow, enev though I won't be driving unless it's crucial.

'97 S14 SE Turbo
12-10-2001, 09:24 AM
It's just my opinion, so take it as is:

Mounting fog lights behind brake duct openings is plain stupid and ugly...

What is up with people having the need to fill in any opening in their bumpers with fog lights? I've seen S14s with micro fog lights mounted behind the Nismo BNR32GTR-ish bumper vents, oil cooler openings, and now brake cooling duct openings.

**DONOTDELETE**
12-10-2001, 01:45 PM
Thanks, thats all I was looking for, people opinions and pic/advice if anyone hs done this.

-S.

JonCarson
12-11-2001, 09:57 PM
I have to chime in with my opinion.

I don't like when people put fog/driving lights in ducts that are meant for other things (ie: cooling...).

12-11-2001, 10:02 PM
I guess by that token, you are not a fan of fog/driving lights in general, since they're usually mounted in the radiator opening in the front bumper (a duct designed for cooling...) http://www.freshalloy.com/

Asad

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by carsonjon:

I don't like when people put fog/driving lights in ducts that are meant for other things (ie: cooling...).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

**DONOTDELETE**
12-11-2001, 10:20 PM
Ouch! Dang, that one stung. Asad jumped the ball on that one. I'd have to say ugh to lights mounted in cooling ducts too, but to the sides of the car away from the radiator they're fine.

**DONOTDELETE**
12-11-2001, 11:00 PM
Okay my bad I didn't know that the two small 1 inch by 2.5 inch ducts on the lip were for cooling or airflow. I was having a hard time finding nice bright fogs to fit any way so on to the next project...

JonCarson
12-12-2001, 12:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by asad137:
I guess by that token, you are not a fan of fog/driving lights in general, since they're usually mounted in the radiator opening in the front bumper (a duct designed for cooling...) http://www.freshalloy.com/

Asad

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not unless they're gigantic lights that block a large portion of the air dam, you smart ass http://www.freshalloy.com/

I think you know what I'm talking about...

I'm very much in favor of using things as they were meant to be used. Brake ducts are meant to direct cooling air to the brakes. It is simply my opinion that auxiliary lights do not look good in places that they are not meant to be.

It would be like if someone put slim Catz lights in a WRX hood scoop. A little more obviously silly, but the same idea.