PDA

View Full Version : Suff like this makes me want to sell my car!!

**DONOTDELETE**
12-10-2001, 10:59 AM
I aligned my car today and my car still pull's to the right and now the steering wheel is not in the neutral position. I don't know what it can be, I looked in the FSM and it tell's me to reinstall the steering wheel. But is there anything else to adjust to make the car not pull to the right? Thanks! -240GT-R

KaKa
12-10-2001, 11:05 AM
have you checked tire pressure? maybe that could will solve it. it did for me. my steering wheel would shake a bit and my car would drift to the right. hrm. hope this helps a bit.

kaka

**DONOTDELETE**
12-10-2001, 11:06 AM
I'll give you 50 dollars for it if you want to sell it.

Dennis

StealthmodeS14
12-10-2001, 01:03 PM
I sincerely feel for you 240GT-R. Ever since installing my spring/shock combo my car too has been pulling to the right severely. I had the damn thing alligned three times and still haven't found the cure. All other suspension components are in fine working order. Have no clue what it could be. I tired every propable sollution the guys here at FA threw at me and still had no luck. If you do fix the problem please e-mail me with the cure......it sucks, you put aftermarket goodies on the car to make it handle better, then this crap happens....*sigh*

ADAM HUTCHINSON
12-10-2001, 01:07 PM
check the loading of the front swaybars

**DONOTDELETE**
12-10-2001, 01:32 PM
If the car is still pulling, the alignment is not right, either that or you have something bent or damaged. Aligning the front of the 240 is not that hard to do, but most places tend to half ass things. If that's not it, check all the clearances between the LCAs, TC rods, etc., you'll probably find a variance somewhere. A bad strut can cause alignment problems, but may not be noticeable form looking at it.

StealthmodeS14
12-10-2001, 01:39 PM
I did take some measurements regarding mr front suspension compoinents and did notice some variances as you said R240NA.....they weren't exactly profesional measurments, but the variance was consistant..about an inch off from the ride side to the lefts side. The side in question being the left (drivers) side. I've always thought it was my control arm, but haven't had enough cash to get the re-conditioned arms from Don at PDM.

Let's say this "pulling" problem always existed.The problem would most certainly be worsened after lowering the car...right???

**DONOTDELETE**
12-10-2001, 02:09 PM
Tire pressure's fine. And Dennis the only thing i can sell off my car for $50 bucks would be my nismo radiator cap. http://www.freshalloy.com/