PDA

View Full Version : Sidedraft manifold for ka24de

**DONOTDELETE**
12-10-2001, 11:02 PM
Does anybody know where I can get a manifold for a weber sidedraft manifold for my KA24de. I know nismo makes one for the single cam, but they don't make one for the dual camm. Anybody know if I can modify it alittle to fit, or knows where I can get a custom one made?

jvh22a
12-10-2001, 11:11 PM
i have an extra intake manifold if you want to cut and weld..

are you in S cali area?

osofast240
12-11-2001, 05:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jayspins:
Does anybody know where I can get a manifold for a weber sidedraft manifold for my KA24de. I know nismo makes one for the single cam, but they don't make one for the dual camm. Anybody know if I can modify it alittle to fit, or knows where I can get a custom one made?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i can make you a sheet metal one

**DONOTDELETE**
12-11-2001, 08:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jayspins:
Does anybody know where I can get a manifold for a weber sidedraft manifold for my KA24de. I know nismo makes one for the single cam, but they don't make one for the dual camm. Anybody know if I can modify it alittle to fit, or knows where I can get a custom one made?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I you going to run just one, or get a pair of twin barrels?
http://www.sdsefi.com/techinta.htm &lt;-- How to build an EFI manifold, but the techniques and tips can probably be used to make one for carbs.

JonCarson
12-11-2001, 10:37 PM

I don't think NISMO makes any engine parts for either KA motor. Remember that NISMo (NISsan MOtorsports International) currently only makes and sells stuff for the Japanese market. They have KA motors over there, but in an less-than-sporty family sedan and a van.

Maybe you are talking about something from Nissan Motorsports here in the US. It's a different company. While they DO carry a few NISMO parts, I'm quite certain that there aren't any NISMO parts for the KA.

**DONOTDELETE**
12-11-2001, 10:41 PM
I'm sure he meant that. Nissan Motorsports used to offer a full Weber setup for the 12V, but the parts are no longer available and they never did an offering for the dual cam. Cutting an extra manifold would be the easiest way to get it working, I'm looking into a similar setup but fuel injected, with indivdual throttle bodies. Find a competent machine shop and make friends.

stock4door
12-11-2001, 11:00 PM
Yes, Nissan Motorsports U.S. only makes a dual carb intake for the 12 valve KA. They offered a complete mikuni setup, but I am pretty sure only the manifold is still available.

A company called B.C. Gerolamy in Rancho Cordova, CA makes some really beautiful dual carb intakes for the 16V KA24DE. Their price is about $650 last time I saw them for sale at a swapmeet. I have also seen people cut the stock intake and tig on a mikuni/weber carb flange, which you would probably have to get a machine shop to make or sacrifice an existing carb intake.

The whole other problem is getting some ignition on the engine though. You will need to run a crank fire ignition or get some sort of advancing distributor into it.

I have offered to help you wire up the efi on your motor a few times Jay.

Danny

**DONOTDELETE**
12-11-2001, 11:08 PM
Since you're bonin the smog program anyway, why not just get a 12 valve?? True, in a high rev world, theoretically, the 16 valve will help pump more air, but the KA is not a high revving engine....12 valve...less to go wrong.

**DONOTDELETE**
12-12-2001, 03:36 AM
not a high revvin motor but the 16v will flow more. best bet would be to cut a manifold and weld a carb plate. msd has something to fix the ignition.