PDA

View Full Version : Nissan's Full Size Truck

noelsaw
09-06-2000, 09:52 PM
What kind of full size truck do you think Nissan should build?

- Sporty
- Work Truck
- Off Road Type
- SUT Type Truck
- Something completely new and exciting

**DONOTDELETE**
09-07-2000, 05:25 AM
Nissan should start with a work truck as that is what a truck should be. Have a tough image to attract the domestic crowd. Must offer all 1/2. 3/4, and 1 tonne versions. "Car-like" interior will be a great addition as most truck interiors are mediocre(domestics).

**DONOTDELETE**
09-07-2000, 07:41 AM
- Sporty
- Work Truck
- Off Road Type
- SUT Type Truck
- Something completely new and exciting

I think it should be a combination of those things http://www.freshalloy.com/

**DONOTDELETE**
09-07-2000, 09:31 AM
i think an off road image would work well.

i heard a rumor that the new fullsize truck would have parallel a and c pillars (or something to that effect). does this mean it'll feature freakish styling like the Aztec? i hope nissan doesn't try to get too bold with the new truck.

Slack00
09-07-2000, 10:14 AM
The new fullsize truck needs to be a traditional truck. It just needs to be BETTER than all the other trucks. If I were Nissna, I would focus towards making a truck that is faster, more refined, more dependable, and cheaper than the competition.

thearabian
09-07-2000, 06:15 PM
A buttload of torque
Cheaper than domestics
As large as domestics
Diesel offering?
Utilitarian look (no need to be fancy)

**DONOTDELETE**
09-07-2000, 08:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by thearabian:
A buttload of torque
Cheaper than domestics
As large as domestics
Diesel offering?
Utilitarian look (no need to be fancy)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you're going to make a truck look and act tough, you should make it perform that way. Start off by sampling parts from your industrial truck makers. (if you still have them) See how they put things together, because those trucks are built to last!! Bottom line: Dont make your trucks puny if you're going to sell them as trucks that are tough. Nissan's compact truck technology is good enough for small trucks, but doesnt have what it takes to make a burley fullsize.

[This message has been edited by HammerMan (edited 09-07-2000).]

67PATROL
09-07-2000, 11:17 PM
All I want is for it to look tough and to come with a strong straight six turbo-diesel with around 200 hp and say 350 ft-lbs of torque. That way I can cruise around and get 20 mpg or better. Try that with a gas rig folks. Remember gas IS NOT GETTING ANY CHEAPER!!!!! So wake up and realize that diesels are good damn it!!!!

**DONOTDELETE**
09-08-2000, 10:08 AM
If they want to sell a full size truck, I hope they will not do the same thing as Toyota. You have to prove youre truck to the industrial and comercial section before the grand public. All the north americans have verry rugged and basic models that the compagnies use, and from there the public finds out there reputation on reliability.And for fuel conserns as soon as the north american governements stop keeping the sulphur levels so high in the fuels, the HP direct injections and turbo diesels will make there way here(is that holding back the east so the north american industrie can catch up?) The diesel is the weak spot for imports in america, cars and trucks included.
Just my two cents!

[This message has been edited by Marc95GXE (edited 09-08-2000).]

**DONOTDELETE**
09-08-2000, 06:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Marc95GXE:
If they want to sell a full size truck, I hope they will not do the same thing as Toyota. You have to prove youre truck to the industrial and comercial section before the grand public. All the north americans have verry rugged and basic models that the compagnies use, and from there the public finds out there reputation on reliability.And for fuel conserns as soon as the north american governements stop keeping the sulphur levels so high in the fuels, the HP direct injections and turbo diesels will make there way here(is that holding back the east so the north american industrie can catch up?) The diesel is the weak spot for imports in america, cars and trucks included.
Just my two cents!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I AGREE!! Read my post above. They should start off by learning how tough trucks are put together, to ensure the longetivity of their designs.

**DONOTDELETE**
09-08-2000, 07:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 67PATROL:
All I want is for it to look tough and to come with a strong straight six turbo-diesel with around 200 hp and say 350 ft-lbs of torque. That way I can cruise around and get 20 mpg or better. Try that with a gas rig folks. Remember gas IS NOT GETTING ANY CHEAPER!!!!! So wake up and realize that diesels are good damn it!!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>i agree, i think a diesel would be a great idea. maybe to be different, Nissan can offer a standard inline 6 diesel and a step up gas V8, then later a diesel V8. the only drawback is the standard diesel would probably be able to out-tow the V8, but the V8 would most likely be much quicker (diesels are generally slower)

**DONOTDELETE**
09-08-2000, 07:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HammerMan:
I AGREE!! Read my post above. They should start off by learning how tough trucks are put together, to ensure the longetivity of their designs. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>i doubt nissan's gonna build a cheaply made piece of tin pickup. if any nissan product is reliable, it's their truck lineup. the only thing i'd be worried about is that the truck would be underpowered (like the Frontier lineup). but rumor has it, the V8 is gonna be very powerful

**DONOTDELETE**
09-08-2000, 07:54 PM
I think diesel is a great idea, but I don't think Nissan has one that is powerful enough, here the Patrol is available with 2 diesels, a 4.2 turbo inline 6 which puts out 114kw and 330Nm and a new 3.0 four cyl turbo which puts out 125kw and 350Nm.
The 3.0 puts out more because it is a dohc 16 valve design, very high tech, the 4.2 isn't even intercooled.

thearabian
09-08-2000, 07:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vspec:
I think diesel is a great idea, but I don't think Nissan has one that is powerful enough, here the Patrol is available with 2 diesels, a 4.2 turbo inline 6 which puts out 114kw and 330Nm and a new 3.0 four cyl turbo which puts out 125kw and 350Nm.
The 3.0 puts out more because it is a dohc 16 valve design, very high tech, the 4.2 isn't even intercooled.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes i believe that's the ZH engine
hey now that's a good idea, bring this new engine to the rest of the world in the new pickup and the upcomming full size SUV

2HD
09-08-2000, 08:19 PM
True. The Full Size Truck and Z car should be global cars. About the FST image I think it should be rugged too but with car like conviences and features unlike the other trucks and no Tundra size but F-150 size. after that they can do variaions. Like the Crew cab model can have a raised roof like Xterra. Just like in one of the drawings of the FST that someone did.

**DONOTDELETE**
09-10-2000, 11:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by thearabian:
yes i believe that's the ZH engine
hey now that's a good idea, bring this new engine to the rest of the world in the new pickup and the upcomming full size SUV<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
No the 3.0 is actually the ZD30DDT and the 4.2 is the TD42ET.

**DONOTDELETE**
09-11-2000, 10:47 AM
This is the Gobi concept designed in the late 80s. Hopefully the full-size would look beefier than this http://www.freshalloy.com/ .

http://www.nissan-usa.com/vintage/images/gobitruckcar.gif

[This message has been edited by carguy714 (edited 09-11-2000).]

**DONOTDELETE**
09-11-2000, 06:09 PM
A WORK TRUCK!! GM, FORD, they make huge profits from selling trucks, and they are all work trucks!! They sell millions of these things and if nissan gets 2-5 percent of market share, we'll have nissan out of debt in a few short years. http://www.freshalloy.com/

**DONOTDELETE**
09-12-2000, 03:46 AM
Yeah... In the meantime, gaz price will double and people will start looking for something smaller and less costly to run, like... a CAR!!!

Russ2kSE
09-12-2000, 07:18 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nsuguy:

Originally posted by 67PATROL:
All I want is for it to look tough and to come with a strong straight six turbo-diesel with around 200 hp and say 350 ft-lbs of torque. That way I can cruise around and get 20 mpg or better. Try that with a gas rig folks. Remember gas IS NOT GETTING ANY CHEAPER!!!!! So wake up and realize that diesels are good damn it!!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>i agree, i think a diesel would be a great idea. maybe to be different, Nissan can offer a standard inline 6 diesel and a step up gas V8, then later a diesel V8. the only drawback is the standard diesel would probably be able to out-tow the V8, but the V8 would most likely be much quicker (diesels are generally slower)

Probably use the V8 thats in the new Q45 and adjust it more towards TQ! :P