PDA

View Full Version : Drifting Setup

**DONOTDELETE**
12-11-2001, 01:36 PM
sway bars will help you with body roll more than shocks/springs

AceInHole
12-11-2001, 01:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SileightyManiaSPL:

okay, well my suggestion is still the same... get something mild. but also realize that after you get used to it and get better like i did, youre gonna want something like coilovers.

i think anything that will give you a lower stance and stiffer suspension will be good. definitely get strut bars (if you are poor like most, the pilot ones are cheap and work good - im still using mine). you dont need camber plates yet... my girlfriend uses tokico shocks and eibach springs. she actually cut the springs and the bump stops and her car handles better than mine! hahah. anyway, look around for good prices. kyb agx are good if you dont have springs that are too low. they are cheap.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
what springs was she using? prokits?? how much did she cut?? i've been looking for maybe 1" to 1.5" of a lower stance from my car... but i don't feel messing up my suspension....
using sportlines currently. i think they aren't stiff enough but i'm going to go with larger swaybars before replacing them.

**DONOTDELETE**
12-11-2001, 01:55 PM
I would suggest:
WhiteLine or OBX Strut Bars(front/rear): contact www.pdm-racing.com (http://www.pdm-racing.com) or www.modacar.com (http://www.modacar.com) or www.enjukuracing.com (http://www.enjukuracing.com)

Tokico Blue strut/shock with Sport springs.
16"x7.5 wheels and cheap($$$) Kumhos or ?, as this will help in breaking loose and staying " In the Drift ".

Just ideas from the track.. http://www.freshalloy.com/

[ 12-11-2001: Message edited by: RZ ]

Dousan_PG
12-12-2001, 12:20 AM
What is a good shock/spring set up for drifting and auto-x? ocassional drifting (2-3 times a week) and highway driving, mostly the 5 freeway and 55 freeway (orange county). i'm trying to decide on which to go with, but i want to see what everyone things is best.
i can live with a somewhat stiff ride, just dont want my teeth to be chattering all the time

thanks,
aaron
(no eibach prokit too...hehe..)

BensonLovesDrifting
12-12-2001, 12:30 AM
what is this drifting setup everybody talks about?

just get something semi-stiff at least... its better for learning. a person can drift with an unmodified car. a person can drift with a heavily modified car. so i dont really get it. having a good setup doesnt magically make somebody a good drifter all of the sudden. its the driver. when you get really good, THATS when you start thinking about good drifting setups.

Dousan_PG
12-12-2001, 12:42 AM
Ok. let me clarify, i dont mean to sound that the setup will make me the greatest.

I am looking for some suggestions on good springs/shock combos, that when i go drifting, i wont have to worry (or deal with) excessive body roll, blowing shocks, bouncy springs, etc. I dont also want to invest $1500 to $2000 on something that for a beginner (like myself) would be a waste of money. So i am asking for suggestions on what springs/shocks to use. i will probably (most likely/in the plan) get upper mounts and swaybars, tower bar..um..i dont know what else. i am running on stock wheels (15s). my next "invesment" (?) is the suspension, so if anyone can give suggestions i would appreciate it. sorry be too vague before.
thanks again
Aaron

BensonLovesDrifting
12-12-2001, 12:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dousan:
Ok. let me clarify, i dont mean to sound that the setup will make me the greatest.

I am looking for some suggestions on good springs/shock combos, that when i go drifting, i wont have to worry (or deal with) excessive body roll, blowing shocks, bouncy springs, etc. I dont also want to invest $1500 to $2000 on something that for a beginner (like myself) would be a waste of money. So i am asking for suggestions on what springs/shocks to use. i will probably (most likely/in the plan) get upper mounts and swaybars, tower bar..um..i dont know what else. i am running on stock wheels (15s). my next "invesment" (?) is the suspension, so if anyone can give suggestions i would appreciate it. sorry be too vague before.
thanks again
Aaron<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

okay, well my suggestion is still the same... get something mild. but also realize that after you get used to it and get better like i did, youre gonna want something like coilovers.

i think anything that will give you a lower stance and stiffer suspension will be good. definitely get strut bars (if you are poor like most, the pilot ones are cheap and work good - im still using mine). you dont need camber plates yet... my girlfriend uses tokico shocks and eibach springs. she actually cut the springs and the bump stops and her car handles better than mine! hahah. anyway, look around for good prices. kyb agx are good if you dont have springs that are too low. they are cheap.