PDA

View Full Version : Problem with dash lights.

**DONOTDELETE**
12-12-2001, 12:18 AM
Well I had a burnt out light in my instrument cluster. So I take it apart and replace the light. Everything works fine, I put it back together. When I'm done I turn the lights on and the dash lights are out. Headlights come on, and when I start the car all the little battery and etc lights work. The turn signal also won't work, but the hazards will. So it seems like the actual switch for the turn signals and lights is the problem. However, the headlights will turn on, so that's kinda confusing me. I checked all the wires, and can't find anything loose. Anyone know what's going on here? Thanks, Ben.

**DONOTDELETE**
12-12-2001, 12:19 AM
you have blown a fuse. Check your panel and locate the fuse for your parking lights.

KenFuji
12-12-2001, 12:21 AM
check all of the fuses. ones called electornic, or lights or something like that. mine had a bad connection with one of the harness behind the dash.

**DONOTDELETE**
12-12-2001, 01:24 AM
Hey thanks guys, I figured it out. I was replacing the instrument suround while I was at it. My old one was cracked, and the dimmer switch missing. When I replaced it, I pulled a splice out of the dimmer switch connection so I could plug it into the new dimmer switch. I didn't think anything of it at the time. After I posted this I remembered it. Went out, unplugged the dimmer switch and replaced the splice. Lights work now.

So now I have a 2nd question. Is the problem with the dimmer switch, the switch itself, or a bad timing control unit?