PDA

View Full Version : Saw something weird in a Japanese Battle Mag

**DONOTDELETE**
12-12-2001, 02:32 AM
Ok....

There was this series on cars, the majority of which were hondas. Some vechicles that stood out in particular were a yellow s2000, two JDM RSX-R's and a S14-Q. Now, all these cars had a strange... pipe? intake of sorts in the lower grille area. The diameter of the piping looks too small to be a CAI and its exposed to the elements (prolly sticks out about an inch or so) does anybody have an idea what the this is? http://www.freshalloy.com/ I'm thinking its some sort of intake mod since the cars featured were NA.

Second... I saw some S13's that had a duct cut out of the body panel to let air flow to the SMIC... why do this instead of getting an FMIC? Save some $$$? does it really help.. why not relocate the IC? Anybody got some answers to these questions?

Yellow4g63
12-12-2001, 02:49 AM
Damn DSM guyz don't u know this is a nissan board...... http://www.freshalloy.com/

JDMRICE
12-12-2001, 04:14 AM
might be home made air duct for cooling the brake

Mark slide squad
12-12-2001, 05:17 AM
Drifters can be cheap asses in Japan. Some don't have the cash to buy a FMIC kit, and also some suck, or expect to crash while drifting, so they opt for the stock side mount, a lot of drifters have mostly stock set up anyways, they aren't too worried about squeezing every hp out of the motor, as long as they can get it sideways and keep it there, thats all they care.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AWD4G63:
Ok....

There was this series on cars, the majority of which were hondas. Some vechicles that stood out in particular were a yellow s2000, two JDM RSX-R's and a S14-Q. Now, all these cars had a strange... pipe? intake of sorts in the lower grille area. The diameter of the piping looks too small to be a CAI and its exposed to the elements (prolly sticks out about an inch or so) does anybody have an idea what the this is? http://www.freshalloy.com/ I'm thinking its some sort of intake mod since the cars featured were NA.

Second... I saw some S13's that had a duct cut out of the body panel to let air flow to the SMIC... why do this instead of getting an FMIC? Save some $$$? does it really help.. why not relocate the IC? Anybody got some answers to these questions?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

12-12-2001, 08:56 AM
if the duct was in the front bumper, it is stock. Silvia K's come with side mounts.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AWD4G63:
Second... I saw some S13's that had a duct cut out of the body panel to let air flow to the SMIC<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

**DONOTDELETE**
12-12-2001, 09:45 AM
Yeah, cheap ass drifters. I'm a wannabe drifter that just recently decided to spray my S13 with a dozen cans of spray paint rather than import a Japanese bodykit.

Besides I now need to save $400 to reprogram an ecu I don't even have yet.

JonCarson
12-13-2001, 06:15 PM
Ok....

Second... I saw some S13's that had a duct cut out of the body panel to let air flow to the SMIC... why do this instead of getting an FMIC? Save some $$$? does it really help.. why not relocate the IC? Anybody got some answers to these questions?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was probably the same kind of cheap aluminum dryer ducting that you can buy at Home Depot. It's basically just a cheap way to help direct cold air to wherever it's needed (IC, intake, etc...).

Aside from that, you'll probably see a lot of street racers with duct tape and zip ties holding parts of their cars together. A lot of those guys are definitely not worried about keeping their cars in "show" condition.