PDA

View Full Version : headlamp fixture replacement

**DONOTDELETE**
12-12-2001, 08:37 PM
Hello all! As most of you will astutely notice, I'm new 'round these parts. I was wondering if anyone had an answer/opinion on an idea I've been pondering. I have a 1990 240SX, but I'm not a huge fan of the 'flip-up' headlamps; they're annoying, and they don't provide much light. If possible, I'd love to replace them with a set of headlamps from a newer-style 300ZX. I think these lights look better, and they're newer (so I can get better bulbs and ultimately better vision after dusk). Has anyone tried this? Is it even possible. I've done no research on this as of yet, but based on some pictures I've looked at, it seems at least possible in theory. So I figured I'd consult the experts! Thanks in advance for your help!

~ Box

12-12-2001, 08:49 PM
Anything's possible...if you have enough money. It would require a significant amount of bodywork, since Z32 lights are considerably wider than the pop-up assemblies.

If you want better vision, get a set of E-code H4 headlamp housings with replaceable H4 bulbs. I'm continually amazed at how big a difference these lights make.

Asad

**DONOTDELETE**
12-12-2001, 11:28 PM
Follow Asad's suggestion, go with some E-code lamps and then install some Hella +30 optilux H4 bulbs.

- Mike

**DONOTDELETE**
12-13-2001, 06:13 AM
There are non-pop up conversions available from an importer from Japan. AbFlug and East Bear both make one. I have seen both in person. I prefer pop-up headlights personally.

Dennis

**DONOTDELETE**
12-13-2001, 07:53 AM
Yes, and flip-up lights will emit more light onto the road. Our surface-lights would have to be recessed, and that usually involves blocking a good portion of the light that shines on the ground. I am sure the straight-away light would be fair, but the side-light and light in front of the car would be reduced.

If you like the look then its cool. Depends on what you want from your headlights.

- Mike

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by d240t:
There are non-pop up conversions available from an importer from Japan. AbFlug and East Bear both make one. I have seen both in person. I prefer pop-up headlights personally.
Dennis<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>