PDA

View Full Version : supra fuel pump

Mohnissan
10-22-2004, 12:03 PM
hi guys
( I use a search bottom)
I need some help from you http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I found a supra fuel pump for 145$ +shipping in the toyota dealer near my place

so I want to ask you guys if it work with my S13 and it is easy to install ( shoud I need to do a lot of custom made braket)

I can not found a wabro pump near my place

so any one can help me

thanks guys

JimStinksAtDorifto
10-22-2004, 12:14 PM
http://www.autoperformanceengineering.com/html/fpapps.html#nissan_apps

However, if you do not make that sig smaller, I will kill you.

Mohnissan
10-22-2004, 12:44 PM
http://www.autoperformanceengineering.com/html/fpapps.html#nissan_apps

However, if you do not make that sig smaller, I will kill you.

thanks for replay

but I ask about the supra fuel pump

and sorry man I will rempve the sig.

Nikeboy355
10-22-2004, 01:08 PM
why do you want the Supra pump?... The Walbro works just as good or better and is a piece of cake to install... they are all over eBay for $90 I believe... I've been running mine for 20K now and no problems at all...

duncan351
10-22-2004, 05:58 PM
The supra fuel pump will work just fine. I've been running the Supra TT fuel pump for 3 years and made 438rwhp and have had no issues. So the pump is fine and very capable.

Kim_Jong_Il
10-22-2004, 06:36 PM
food for thought:

http://www.stealth316.com/2-fuelpumpguide.htm

Nikeboy355
10-22-2004, 07:00 PM
does anyone know what the Supra pump can flow?... I know that the 300ZX TT and Supra turbo pumps are the same and will work perfect with SRs but why spend the extra $50 if you don't need to?!

Kim_Jong_Il
10-22-2004, 07:06 PM
Check the link I posted, a whole bunch of pumps tested, lots of good info and comparison graphs.

IvanTurbo240
10-22-2004, 09:16 PM
A Supra fuel pump for $145 cant be a TT pump. This must be a MKIII pump. I would double check that.

A Supra TT fuel pump is a great pump but is really large. It wont fit in the bracket like the Walboro will. The Walboro will outflow the TT pump and should be a lot less money.

A Supra TT fuel pump in a TT Supra will provide enough fuel for at least 500 WHP which is probably more then you will ever need.

duncan351
10-24-2004, 11:18 AM
Actually the supra TT fuel pump is about $50-$75 cheaper than the TTZ32 fuel pump. Also, its completely quiet unlike most Z32 TT pumps. I don't know what flow rate is but I've made over 400 whp and no fuel delivery problems with 72lb injectors.

IvanTurbo240
10-24-2004, 11:29 AM
There is no doubt that the 300Z TT fuel pump is bad ass. But expensive and large. I would still go with the Walboro 255l for price and fitment.

Twinturbozs
10-25-2004, 01:43 AM
ive had a walboro in my GSX before. After about 2 hours of canyon driving, there was a very noticeble whine from the fuel pump. Personally i would spend the extra $50 and go with a supra fuel pump instead of adding more noise to your ride.

Mohnissan
10-25-2004, 05:24 AM
thank guys for your help

I buy a supra fuel pump from the toyota dealer $150
and I will fix it to day

but if I run the fix it do I need for Aduject fuel pres. reglator FPR or not

than

jDmTyTeYO
10-25-2004, 09:09 AM
A Supra fuel pump for $145 cant be a TT pump. This must be a MKIII pump. I would double check that.

A Supra TT fuel pump is a great pump but is really large. It wont fit in the bracket like the Walboro will. The Walboro will outflow the TT pump and should be a lot less money.

A Supra TT fuel pump in a TT Supra will provide enough fuel for at least 500 WHP which is probably more then you will ever need.

are you sure? We picked up a Supra TT pump & radiator for a friends S13 for $200 (in a junk yard) and both fit right in no problem.

wizdom240
10-25-2004, 01:36 PM

The Supra pump fits just fine in the 240's pump bracket. It's a bit larger than the oem pump, but fits fine with a hose clamp (same as the z32 pump).

You're saying the walbro outflows the supra pump? Where did you get that information from?!? We all know the walbro flows 255lph. The supra pump flows upwards in the 280-290lph range given the same voltage, about as much as the skyline pump.

Mohnissan
10-26-2004, 01:31 PM
o.k guys

I fix it in my car and start the engine and now I see that the engine gone rich and a black smoke came from the Exhust

so shoud this say that I need to the Adj FPR or some thing else
who many of you install a upgrate Fuel pump with stock FPR

I do not have a pres. gauge. I will go tomorow to buy one
shoud I take the gauge with liqued or with out
and 0-100psi I think this rang is good or what you say guys

thanks for help

cosmoworks
10-26-2004, 02:28 PM
o.k guys

I fix it in my car and start the engine and now I see that the engine gone rich and a black smoke came from the Exhust

so shoud this say that I need to the Adj FPR or some thing else
who many of you install a upgrate Fuel pump with stock FPR

I do not have a pres. gauge. I will go tomorow to buy one
shoud I take the gauge with liqued or with out
and 0-100psi I think this rang is good or what you say guys

thanks for help

Install a fuel pressure gauge before you install your pump and monitor pressures. Then install your fuel pump. If your fuel pressures change with the pump install, then it wouldn't hurt to get an adjustable FPR.

Definitely get a liquid filled gauge. The vibrations from the engine will move the needle so much on a non-liquid filled gauge, you may have trouble reading it accurately. Which pressure range you want will depend on the amount of boost you're planning to run. For example, if you plan to run 10psi boost, your rail will never see over 53.5 psi (assuming standard 3-bar differential base), and a 0-60 psi gauge should suffice.

Hugh
10-26-2004, 08:16 PM

The Supra pump fits just fine in the 240's pump bracket. It's a bit larger than the oem pump, but fits fine with a hose clamp (same as the z32 pump).

You're saying the walbro outflows the supra pump? Where did you get that information from?!? We all know the walbro flows 255lph. The supra pump flows upwards in the 280-290lph range given the same voltage, about as much as the skyline pump.

Don't know where you got your information from, but the Skyline GT-R pumps don't flw anything close to 255lph. They vary from 185-195 depending on year (R32-33-34)

255lph is actually bigger than any japanese OEM pump I've ever heard of.

wizdom240
10-26-2004, 10:28 PM
Oh yea you're right, I'm thinking about something else. Nevermind....carry on. *goes back to drinking*

Kim_Jong_Il
10-26-2004, 10:39 PM
*goes back to drinking*

Hell yeah, always my choice.