PDA

View Full Version : SR20DET Blitz turbo kit????

SR20DET
12-14-2001, 12:06 AM
Anyone heard or have any info on the Blitz turbo kit for the SR?

Papa Lazarou
12-14-2001, 11:02 AM
No brilliant information I'm afraid. Other than the fact that there seem to be two or three available. One with a KKK K3T (3070MGA) turbo and the other with a K27 (3470MOJ). I have seen a Civic which output 500 bhp with the K3T turbo.. Kits come with manifold, wastegate all gaskets etc. etc.

Oh, and they are expensive (to me anyway!). Good luck and if you find any interesting info on KKK turbo's let me know!

**DONOTDELETE**
12-14-2001, 02:03 PM
Everything I have heard is that the vast majority of JDM turbo kits for SR20's will not fit on LHD cars. The turbo/manifold will interfere with the steering shaft.

Dennis

SR20DET
12-15-2001, 09:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by d240t:
Everything I have heard is that the vast majority of JDM turbo kits for SR20's will not fit on LHD cars. The turbo/manifold will interfere with the steering shaft.

Dennis<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

so do you guys think its a waste of money to purchase a kit? Is it possible to have the kit manifold re-welded, Or would it be easier to piece one together?

White_240sx
12-15-2001, 10:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SR20DET:

so do you guys think its a waste of money to purchase a kit? Is it possible to have the kit manifold re-welded, Or would it be easier to piece one together?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you are going to do that just get a custom manifold and use a T3/T4. Spending all that money for a kit you are just going to modify probably doesn't make much sense. If you really want to use a 3K Warner Turbo, you can just buy it separately and build your own kit.

**DONOTDELETE**
12-15-2001, 10:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SR20DET:

so do you guys think its a waste of money to purchase a kit? Is it possible to have the kit manifold re-welded, Or would it be easier to piece one together?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

as for me...i'd rather not tear a manifold up that i just spent a lot of moola for.

i called around last summer and greddy wanted 5 grand for the t67 bolt on kit and didn't give me any assurance that it would "bolt on"

chris@speedalliance.com
12-16-2001, 12:38 AM
If this helps...
I found a great deal on a brand new KKK K27 turbo on EBay!

I would suggest doing the same...if you want a KKK. In my opinion...it is a great looking turbo. But they look all the same don't they!

We'll see how it performs when I finsh my turbo kit!

There is also some info on the KKK turbos in a thread I posted a while back. Try a search on KKK turbos!
Chris
Chris