PDA

View Full Version : Evaluation needed please

**DONOTDELETE**
12-14-2001, 06:31 PM
Okay heres my dilemma: I'm looking to further upgrade my S13, however I am looking to make the most of the little money that I have (like the most of us) Here's my current roster:
93 240SX (134K)
Msd 6al
Accel wires/Denzo iridiums
Kyb Agx's/Sportlines
Blitz Nur Spec/catco cat
Personal wheel
Kosei K1's(16's)/Kumho ecsta's 225/50/16
polished intake manifold
drop in K&N
all seat belts(reels,rails,motors)removed
single 4 point harness (saved 34lbs)
spare tire,rear floor mats removed
Denji headlight wiring upgrade
ACT street clutch

Just looking for some ideas for some upgrades, perferably in the less than $500 range. Also what kind of hp/tq would you think i'm currently at? Quarter mile estimates? thanks everyone! Craig

http://www.freshalloy.com/

12-14-2001, 07:09 PM
I'd say the next logical upgrade would be a header ($350 for the HotShot, wait until the updated version is released). Add to that an ASP underdrive pulley ($120 MSRP). You even have some money left over for new exhaust manifold gaskets and new belts http://www.freshalloy.com/

That's what I'd do anyway.

Asad

**DONOTDELETE**
12-14-2001, 07:26 PM
Thanks for the advice! I didn't know that Hotshot was going to revamp the headers for the Ka, thats great to hear though as it was sorely needed. The only problem I have with these upgrades is that I was considering turbo'ing my Ka or saving up and splurging on the Sr this coming summer. The Asp pulley would still be useful in the Ka route, however I just would have trouble justifying the $350 header, when I might just be getting rid of it in less than a year. I suppose that would've been better if I hade mentioned this in my first post..my bad. I heard of a monster Ka-T in my area..so I hoping to get some input from him to help me further my decision. Thanks again! Craig

12-14-2001, 07:34 PM
In fact, you can use the KA crank pulley on the SR...so the ASP wouldn't go to waste even if you did go SR.

Asad

AceInHole
12-14-2001, 07:39 PM
strut tower bar??? that's what I'm looking around for. Cusco is on the top of my list so far.... a guy I know has the Veilside and said the difference over a crappy bar he used to have (OBX i think) was more than noticable.

**DONOTDELETE**
12-15-2001, 11:14 AM
Yeah, i've heard nothing but positive feedback on the Cusco bars..some other ones that you might want to look into are the Tanabe. I'm not too sure if they have an s13 application as of yet..but its worth looking into. I think i've made up my mind though. The Asp pulley, and a set of front and rear ST bars. Thanks everyone!

chris@speedalliance.com
12-15-2001, 11:27 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by asad137:
In fact, you can use the KA crank pulley on the SR...so the ASP wouldn't go to waste even if you did go SR.

Asad<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

On the contrary...
I too have heard the same...

BUT, I sold a pulley to a guy in washington. He had a KA at the time but was going to swap. I told him the KA pulley would work. He believed me and kept the pulley. However upon receiving the SR he attempted to line up the belts with the KA pulley to no avail.

So...contrary to what most people say. The KA pulley WILL NOT work on the SR.

Any objections??? Pics would be great!
Chris

**DONOTDELETE**
12-15-2001, 01:06 PM
So whats the word then..is it just a fluke that it didn't fit one car..or a that it did fit one car? just curious..

chris@speedalliance.com
12-15-2001, 01:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by asad137:
Look at Derek Greaser's car -- he's running a KA crank pulley on his SR.

Asad

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right on!
I will take a look.

Greaser can you please "chime in" and let us know if ALL belts are being used.

Pics if possible too!

Thanks
Chris

**DONOTDELETE**
12-16-2001, 12:01 AM
if you removed ALL seatbelts and have a single 4-point harness (i'm assuming it's only for the driver) you might as well remove the rear and passenger seats since you dont want people riding with you without seatbelts.

and get a rollbar. that's around $250+shipping depending on what kind. autopower makes a few types for the S13's. it'll do the same thing as a rear STB and will protect you from a rollover+harness combo...

**DONOTDELETE**
12-16-2001, 12:06 AM
Yeah, all of the seatbelts have been removed. However I just really dig the full interior look, thats the only reason i've decided to leave it in. The autopower cage is a really good idea though. Has anyone had luck with installing their bolt in full cages? How about just the rear section roll bar/cage? I'm just trying to explore my options here and of course make a wise decision. Thanks!

KenFuji
12-16-2001, 12:24 AM
maybe some sparco seats to go with your 4pt harness?

12-16-2001, 12:54 AM
Look at Derek Greaser's car -- he's running a KA crank pulley on his SR.

Asad

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chris@speedalliance.com:

So...contrary to what most people say. The KA pulley WILL NOT work on the SR.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

**DONOTDELETE**
12-16-2001, 12:55 AM
Sparco seats sound awesome actually, but i'm just a little reluctant because that would almost totally drain my funds..I've actaully been looking around for some used seat(s)..just a heads up if anyone is looking to pawn some off, hell even one would be nice. Good idea though http://www.freshalloy.com/

KenFuji
12-17-2001, 09:34 PM
craig i didn't want to tell anyone, but since your new to az here it goes...

i was eyeing these s-14 seats and i'll let you take'm if you want. just pull out the yellowpages and call almaschool import or something like that. they are a local junkyard here in az that carry a lot of nissan parts. in mesa az between broadway and main on almaschool road http://www.freshalloy.com/

ken http://www.freshalloy.com/

**DONOTDELETE**
12-17-2001, 10:06 PM
Ken,
hey whatsup man? Thanks for the heads up on the seats but i'm really interested in those Sparco speeds right now. Just wondering, but do you want to organize a meet between all of us locals before you leave? I think that'd be pretty cool..Lemme know what you think!
Craig