PDA

View Full Version : how to keep my n1 clean & shiny

**DONOTDELETE**
12-15-2001, 10:49 AM
is my question. i read in an article from super street or maybe it was sport compact, that you could use laquer thinner to keep stainless steel exhaust shiny. is this true? any suggestions?

**DONOTDELETE**
12-15-2001, 11:15 AM
If you just use soap and water with regular cleaning, you should have no issues at all with keeping it nice and new looking. Its worked for me so far with my Blitz Nur Spec R system..

'97 S14 SE Turbo
12-15-2001, 01:27 PM
Don't forget to use the stainless steel polishing compound that comes with the N1 exhaust, unless the shop that did the install swiped it...

**DONOTDELETE**
12-15-2001, 04:46 PM
i ordered my exhaust from rollhard and i didn't receive no polishing compound. do you know what it's called and where i could get some?

SLoWaSs13
12-15-2001, 06:05 PM
i used soap and water but it hasnt helped me, my muffler is nwo yellowish like brassy?? its cool though i dont care, gives it a battle scared look lol. like it aint no show queen

White_240sx
12-15-2001, 08:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by v2unlimited:
i used soap and water but it hasnt helped me, my muffler is nwo yellowish like brassy?? its cool though i dont care, gives it a battle scared look lol. like it aint no show queen<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stainless steel will turn gold when subject to heat, much like titanium will turn a rainbow purple.