PDA

View Full Version : battery drain on room lamp fuse curcuit

joselito
11-07-2004, 11:29 PM
Hi, I have a 90 240sx which has been giving me monster electrical problems for a few years, which caused my battery to drain overnight if I left the battery connected, last night I pulled the 10 amp "room lamp" fuse and it killed my dome light. Today I went back and started my car up with no problems after leaving my battery connected overnight. My dome light doesnt work nor does my aftermarket car radio, the car has had this problem since I got it. How can I determine what is the problem on this circuit?

Anyone have the car manual? I used to have a zip file of it?

96twofourty
11-08-2004, 12:27 AM
The stereo is obviously the problem. Something is putting a constant load on your battery. You need to get a volt meter and get testing. Check what the 12v going in the stereo is connected to and the remote wire if you're running a amp.

joselito
11-08-2004, 02:02 AM
Thanks, I'm going to connect the fuse and disconnect the radio to see if the battery will drain, if it doesnt then I know I'm on the right path. It feels good to be able to jump right in and go after so many years of lifting the damn hood to connect the battery. I'll update this when I know more.

joselito
11-09-2004, 12:49 AM
Disconnected radio and reinstalled the fuse and it drained. now what do I do?

radhaz
11-09-2004, 07:57 AM
Disconnected radio and reinstalled the fuse and it drained. now what do I do?

purchase a cheap multimeter and check for a ground on both sides of the dome light fuse slot would be a start.