PDA

View Full Version : Accelerator linkage on 1995 Maxima

**DONOTDELETE**
06-01-2000, 03:36 AM
The accelerator on my '95 Maxima is hard to press to maintain very slow speeds (like backing out of the garage or pulling from a parking space). You have to press hard to get it to move any at all; then the car lurches forward (or back). I have tried WD-40 and grease, but nothing seems to help. Any ideas?

Nismo
06-01-2000, 08:09 AM
Have you inspected the complete linkage at the pedal and under the hood? What about when trying to move the throttle by hand, same result?

**DONOTDELETE**
06-01-2000, 12:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nismo:
Have you inspected the complete linkage at the pedal and under the hood? What about when trying to move the throttle by hand, same result?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes. I inspected both places. Moving it by hand under the hood does provide the same results. It almost feels like you have to overcome the force of a magnet to get it to move. Once it moves, it moves freely, until it comes to the resting position again.

Nismo
06-01-2000, 04:37 PM
Take the air intake hose off and inspect the big flapper valve that you'll see; it might be gummed up... you should be able to dissolve the gunk with carburetur cleaner.

**DONOTDELETE**
06-02-2000, 07:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nismo:
Take the air intake hose off and inspect the big flapper valve that you'll see; it might be gummed up... you should be able to dissolve the gunk with carburetur cleaner.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree,bet your throttle body is dirty.