PDA

View Full Version : 510 sr20 sway bar

Five10PacksDE
11-17-2004, 02:31 PM
Does anyone know where I can get a custom sway bar for my 510 sr20de? Does anyone know a good place for a crossmemeber for the engine and tranny? The one I have mounts the engine so low i have to do steering mods, and it looks like the driveline might be a little off? Help!!???

JonCarson
11-17-2004, 05:50 PM
If you're in LA, you should call up Gary at McKinney Motorsports. They have experience tuning 510s and they're in Temecula.

www.mckinneymotorsports.com (http://www.mckinneymotorsports.com)
951-304-9300 AND 951-304-1045

canyoncarver
11-17-2004, 10:48 PM
Does anyone know where I can get a custom sway bar for my 510 sr20de? Does anyone know a good place for a crossmemeber for the engine and tranny? The one I have mounts the engine so low i have to do steering mods, and it looks like the driveline might be a little off? Help!!???

I'm adding spacer blocks to the swaybar mounting points on the chassis to lower the stock swaybar down.

Be careful when raising the motor to avoid steering mods. The hood does need to close. Besides, weight-wise, lower is better. It shouldn't cost you too much to get the center link cut and re-welded.

I modified the sr motor mounts to get the engine on center. The mounts aren't symmetrical, so make sure you have them on the correct side.

Five10PacksDE
11-18-2004, 03:18 AM
One problem I have is it kinda looks like the engine is way back near the firewall and way low that I have to modify my steering, and not only that. It looks like the driveline to the diff looks off, I need a pro's opinion. I might try to level out my car and measure the distance from the ground. Any tips?

canyoncarver
11-21-2004, 09:49 AM
Any tips?

I purposely put the engine as far back as possible, allowing room for the heater hoses and turbo coolant lines between the engine and firewall. In my case this allows for maximum room for steering clearance, radiator clearance and room for the i/c. This also for hood clearance. (I have about 1-1/2")
Then, to level the motor/tranny, I cut the opening in the tranny tunnel big enough to where the tranny, especially the driveshaft yoke, is coming up inside the car. There is, relatively, good alignment. No more than 5 degrees. The tranny crossmember that I fabricated actually holds the tranny higher up inside the tunnel than the stock 4 speed. The front part of the tunnel opening is bent open to clear some cast-in knobs on the tranny housing. I'll see if I can round up some pics.

Five10PacksDE
11-21-2004, 02:35 PM
Cool. Do you fabricate the mounts? Do you sell them?

canyoncarver
11-23-2004, 08:51 PM
Yeah, I did my own fab. You'd be better off buying from McKinney m/s or those guys in Australia. Just to cover my time for the tranny crossmember would be $350. I'll try and get you some pics this weekend in case you have some friends that can help.

Five10PacksDE
11-23-2004, 11:13 PM
Thanks, I would like to see your work.

threepointo
12-26-2004, 09:51 PM
you guys can get a sway bar that clears the Greddy pan it is made to go behind the pan. Dan Gallmeister is the one. Call quickor in oregon and ask them for Dan's email and he can get you setup...here are some pics on Aaron's car

http://www.datsun510.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=4020

http://www.datsun510.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=4018

Demon
12-27-2004, 04:36 PM
Here is Dans info straight from the dime quarterly:
Dan Gallmeister Phone: 408-674-5390 E-Mail: yelo510@ka24

stock4door
12-31-2004, 06:25 AM
it is yelo510@ka24.net for the complete address.

These bars also clear ka and ca where the oil pan sump is in the front. It hugs a standard reversed crossmember very nicely.

TTwomp
01-02-2005, 12:21 PM
[QUOTE]
If you're in LA, you should call up Gary at McKinney Motorsports. They have experience tuning 510s and they're in Temecula.

McKinneys tubed crossmember does not allow you to route a sway bar behind the oil pan, and you will have to use the "cow catcher" style sway bar available elsewhere. If you have a stock reversed crossmember, give me a call, I sell the front bar, as well as an adjustable rear bar, with a good packege deal if both are purchased together.