PDA

View Full Version : sr20de ina smog exemp car

Five10PacksDE
11-23-2004, 08:46 PM
I have a sr20de, and was wondering if it is ok to eliminate the AAC valve under the intake manifold. I have a 510 and am having trouble finding a wiring harness that fits the sr20de AAC valve. Anyone know what it does>?

Demon
01-03-2005, 05:09 PM
That motor in your car is illegal anyways, so if you can get rid of it why not?

Five10PacksDE
01-04-2005, 02:35 AM
"That motor in your car is illegal anyways, so if you can get rid of it why not? "
I could make it legal because it is the same engine spec as the fwd sr20de, but then I would need all the smog devices off that car. Any engine built after 75 would need to smogged LEGALLY. I don't know of any pre 75 engines that are efficient enough with reliable power of a modern engine. Anyways, I got all my problems from this post figured out.

JonCarson
01-04-2005, 03:38 AM
The fact that your engine is FR and the SR20DE from the Sentra/200SX/NX2000/G20 is FF makes them different in the eyes of the government agencies that regulate such things.

Many people have tried to make the argument that an FR SR20DE and FF SR- engine are the same, but those discussions have always concluded the same...Different engines.

Five10PacksDE
01-05-2005, 01:57 AM
Oh, ic what you mean. I have the jdm rwd engine that has the same hp output as the fwd , but has a ecu system similar to the ka24de.

Five10PacksDE
01-05-2005, 01:59 AM
I mean the dist is in the same area as a rwd ka24de and placement of the sensors n stuff. So I am usinga ka24de harness. I tried a fwd g20 obd1 harness, but the type of dist is different.

stock4door
01-05-2005, 05:33 AM
KA24DE harness is essentially the same as a s13 sr20de wiring harness. Some of the connectors are different, one of them being the idle control motor connector as you have found out. But it can be made to work very easily. You just have to worry about TWO of the 4 wires on the motor connector. On the KA24de I believe the ficd and idle air control are two seperate devices with two seperate connectors, as where on the sr20de/det they are for sure both on the same device and share a 4 wire connector.

The ficd part of it can be ignored, that is the part that raises and lowers the idle when the air conditioning and power steering pump create load.

Five10PacksDE
01-05-2005, 01:50 PM
Cool. How would I get the Idle air control to work?

Five10PacksDE
01-05-2005, 01:50 PM
Cool. How would I get the Idle air control to work?

stock4door
01-05-2005, 03:48 PM
You are pretty helpless aren't you?

I just wrote a whole paragraph telling you everything you need to look for. I feel that was pretty basic english also. Maybe it is time for you to invest in some wiring diagrams or pay someone else to do it.

TTwomp
01-05-2005, 10:29 PM

I just wrote a whole paragraph telling you everything you need to look for. I feel that was pretty basic english also. Maybe it is time for you to invest in some wiring diagrams or pay someone else to do it.

HAHA...stock 4door is funny... http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

HE REALLY DID JUST SPELL IT OUT FOR YOU....
Look at a wiring diagram

NO, it's not OK to delete it, it's ghetto....

Demon
01-06-2005, 08:15 AM

I already sent him the diagrams and the KA to SR swap info.

Five10PacksDE
01-06-2005, 01:06 PM
Sorry guys. I am pretty helpless with the wiring info, but I will learn it. I am embarrased because I can do a lot of other things real good such as engine building, undercar, transmissions, and welding. So I am not completely hopeless. Hee hee. Thanks for the info Demon, I actually didn't get to take a good look at the info, but I think I will now.

Five10PacksDE
01-06-2005, 01:13 PM
Not trying to say that I am the best at those things I do, but just trying to redeem myself. Haha. I am learning a lot on this car. I used to have 240sx's.