PDA

View Full Version : SR20 S13 Swap is DONE! Next on the list...

Kingtal0n
11-28-2004, 09:40 AM
It went in last week, I've got 979 Miles on it so far in the last week. This is Jordan in South Florida BTW For those of you who know me but not my FA name. Runs good! have a few questions though.
I am on a Profec B, I dial in 7PSI for daily driving then go Hi-Boost to 14PSI whenever the time comes to do some damage. This is the maximum safe-limit of the factory T-25 / MAF / Injectors correct me if I am wrong? Will I blow my Head Gasket doing this?
I smell a small amount of oil burning briefly after a hard run through the gears, I assume it is the T-25 blowing a bit of oil, though there is no smoke, is this normal or does it mean my turbo is going to fail soon?
In the 1,000 Miles of running I used maybe 1/4~ Quart of oil up by burning it this way, I had a small oil leak but that is fixed now. My plugs are great looking with no signs of oil so I beleive the oil is not entering the motor, just slipping past the turbo.

Where is the speed cut on these cars? My speedo will max out then I hit a "brick wall" I assume it is the factory speedo limiter. Can i put a switch on my speedo sensor to temp. fix?

My next change will be head gasket, cams and Intake, followed by turbo / inj / rom tune / Z32 this seems to be the common place order of operations around here, and I like to stick to what I see working for other people. I want to run a blow-through MAF which is a little different I think than most.

What is the factory thermostat temp open? My water gets REAL hot before it opens. I have a Copper Koyo and Flex-a-lite fans. They run and run and run if I set them below 190* which tells me either water-flow through the motor is poor, or the heat transfer rate of the radiator is really bad. The fans pull GOBS of air, so much you can feel the air from in front of the intercooler being pulled all the way back to the radiator. Can I change thermostats without Ill effect? Does anybody just drill a small hole in theirs to "help" closed-loop cooling system?

I cant find a place to mount my fuel pressure sender, or my water temp sender, or my oil pressure sender. What kinda motor is this anyways? http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif seriouselly, where did you put yours?

lastly, anyone with a profec B step2, what are your settings for high and low boost? I noted a small boost leak can throw the unit WAY off. I had to dial 64% to get 14PSI, then i fixed a small leak on the BOV, and had to drop to 44% to keep from overboosting. I beleive I still have a small leak (type-stupid) so I am looking to compare settings.

Kingtal0n
11-28-2004, 09:50 AM
One more thing, the two coolant hoses on the back of my motor were a little damaged from shipping so I cut them back and looped them around. I would LIKE to just block them off, but I am afraid there is no way for water to return the to radiator if I do. During initial startup, the water back there got boiling hot and blew my hose off. Can i block those two coolant hoses off? they are the ones that run to the heater core, and turbo water line.

and also, since i cut back the hose, my turbo no longer has water cooling. I have been taking it easy on it until I find a new place to get water from, any suggestions?

JRODS_240
11-28-2004, 12:54 PM
i dont know what i/c you have but if you are runnig 14psi on a stock side mount i/c it will eventually blow up on you in no time.
I would advise you to run no more than 10 psi on the stock side mount and 12 psi on a front mount to be on the safe side and that is pushing it a bit on a t25. http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Ovrated
11-28-2004, 01:15 PM
if you route the cooling lines together int he back of the motor, you wont have any hot air for the heater.

24zer0
11-28-2004, 04:03 PM
speed cut is 120mph

Kingtal0n
12-04-2004, 07:56 PM
Ok new questions, The T-fitting on the valve cover running to the Catch Can at the back of the motor, Where does it go from there, and why does the vacuum seem to build up if I put my finger over the front. I have a smoking problem but only a few minutes after startup, and I smell smoke the rest of the time, So I think thats my problem somewhere somehow the catchcan is allowing oil to seep past into the motor.

Also, on the 3-wire O2 sensor, whice wire is signal? I assumed it was the white, but that didnt work out very well... I think it is the center wire?

nismo_love
12-05-2004, 05:31 AM
For about $65 dollars you can get a Greddy cut controller and wire it into the wiring harness it's like three wires and that works great. I've heard of people using switches from the speed sensor wire,power and ground it. when you want it off just turn on the switch and it over rides the signal.