PDA

View Full Version : project nightmare

Five10PacksDE
12-14-2004, 02:20 PM
As most of you could figure out, I am working ona 510 sr20de rwd that I bought off of some guy named Roger. It had the sr20de rwd with the crossmembers to fit the sr20de. Now that I am closer to finishing I notice that he sold me his junk. The crossmember sits too low and far back the engine bay the driveline is bad. Also, he had modified the steering, but it is still having clearance issues. Nightmare! I don't have a job anymore and am around 1000 short of finishing my project, and I don't want to sell it because I already put 1500 in restoration and modification parts. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

micahjan
12-15-2004, 11:09 AM
Hey, just wanted to give you some encouragement, any project with an old car is going to have its ups and downs. I am currently working on a KA 510 and say step back relax and come back to it when you have less irons in the fire. And when you finish you will have something very few people have.

Five10PacksDE
12-15-2004, 01:26 PM
Haha. Yeah, thanks. I cooled down a little. Have you heard of www.cm510.com. (http://www.cm510.com.) I am thinking of getting his engine fitting kit, or modding mine to fit.

micahjan
12-15-2004, 01:35 PM
Looks like they have experience with fitment, but kinda spendy. There are low cost fixes for most of my fitment issues, and I know a good welder. So I dont think it would be worth the price and shipping.

Five10PacksDE
12-16-2004, 10:42 PM
Do you know anywhere cheaper? I did the math out on that australian guys kit and it came out to 523 USA dollars. I am going to ditch teh kit i have and go with that. Driveshaft, crossmembers, sway bar!, and steering

sspikey
12-17-2004, 04:51 PM
Five10PacksDe
if i were you WAIT and buy the Datsport kit
i am getting some people interested if i can get 5 kits at once its amazing
when you think what you get with it and the improvement its CHEAP

EVERY BUSHING AND BALLJOINT IS INCLUDED......Think about it

Five10PacksDE
12-18-2004, 08:37 PM
How much would it cost? I am on a pretty low budget. Those kits are nice though. The kit from cm510 is 526USA +70 bucks for cores. I am waiting on his reply to see how much shipping is. Hmmmm. Datsport hugh? Depends on the price.

sspikey
12-19-2004, 04:54 PM
Much more than that probably around 1K usd i guess
www.datsport.com (http://www.datsport.com)
go look at the kit and youll be in AWE at its quality

Five10PacksDE
12-20-2004, 02:06 PM
I know it is awesome, but all that money and no driveshaft. I do not have that much money right now. In the description, it makes it seem like you need the r31 front struts to make use of the way they made it. I don't have r31's in my junkyard and I don't have enough money to pay datsport for their front strut n brake upgrade. That was another thing I was wondering.

sspikey
12-25-2004, 09:25 AM
no not R31 struts just ANY strut with 75MM shorter body. Ok Ok R31 and S12 are the same http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif iirc right but i was told to use S12 pieces, HOWEVER the 75MM shorter struts are not REQUIRED they just are part of the Datsport handling package. Most aussie guys run that kit for the handling more than anything.

Five10PacksDE
12-25-2004, 03:04 PM
"Ok Ok R31 and S12 are the same "
Ineresting. What about the 280zx struts? What is the length on those? I have the 280zx struts right now. I want to consider the s12 ones now u mention it.

threepointo
12-25-2004, 09:59 PM
listen up everyone...it is me...former owner of an sr20det 510...I have been watching this board for some time now and just sitting back and listening to everyone trying to do this swap. However, I can't take it anymore and I must speak out in the name of SAFETY! First off let me make myself very clear with this statement...I am not trying to boast myself as the SR Guru!!! I am one simply wanting to see you all succeed. I have seen this swap done in many different fashions and the first thing that I want to tell everyone is before you rush to get that car finished and on the road PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE THINK OF YOUR SAFETY FIRST!!!!!!! Ask your self a few things...Do I trust these welds??? Is this structure going to hold up under 100 plus MPH??? DO I trust my welding under these circumstances??? Since I built my 1st sr510 I have learned alot about structural integrety and safety. I have seen alot of upcoming SR swaps turbo and non turbo and some have been major garbage!!! I have seen it all from bad welds and jerry rigged X members!!! People what are you thinking??? this is not safe!!! I want you all to have the swap but some of you guys need to chill out and do it right the first time! Imagine yourself jetting down the quarter mile and your steering centerlink breaks loose!!! What in the hell are you going to do at 100+ mph with no steering??? Some of you folks are going to or may be trying to kill yourselves!!! I have seen and will only recommend work from 4 people. It is not because of favortism but becuase these are the only people that I have come to respect and trust!! DO NOT GET ME WRONG!!! I am sure that there are many quality people out there but these are the people that I have chosen to deal with based on quality and the fact that instead of just pulling out the hack gun and going to town alot of thinking has gone into what they have done instead of hack putting together a kit from that you can get from Hack city! here they are:

Mario Lozano of TSR 310-323-6553 Mario may be slow and may be a pain to get in touch with but I appreciate all of the research that he has put into his SR products! He is slow because he is meticulous and pays attention to detail down to the quality of the weld!!! I TRUST THIS STUFF AT 200MPH!!!! It is what I will be using on my new 510 SR project. I will have www.510driver.com (http://www.510driver.com) up and running soon again and this car will be the feature project. Mario has a jig already set up to mount and weld the X member motor mounts in the correct position which allows you to use the stock SR mounts along with Flipping the X member and re-inforcing it. Mario also has a jig set up to reverse(flip) the center steering link the correct way the 1st time. If you are not taking the time to make a jig you will never get it right! If you are not taking the time to get a brand new center link from Kragen or who ever your local auto parts store is then you are taking a risk! Mario will not weld up a used center link! he requires you to purchase one brand new and send it to him. After learning more about welding and metal fatigue I can see why! If you call him right now and leave a message and say that you talked to Kevin Neely He has a brand new center link that I purchased extra that he can modify for you. It will cost you 65 bucks for the center link plus what he charges to modify it. Mario is a good source if you are trying to use the Stock 510 X member. The motor sits where it is supposed to sit the first time!
If you want me to connect you, email me off the list at kfneely1@yahoo.com While your at it you may want to look at him doing your Xmember and your tranny mount. He has all the measurements for the driveshaft which he gets from a very reputable drive shaft company. You can also get a radiator from him that is custom fit for the 510 that he gets done at Ron Davis Radiators in AZ. Oh yeah P.S. do not waste your time calling Ron Davis trying to bypass the middleman as he will only sell you one thru Mario because it is Mario's design that he worked closely with Ron Davis on and now Ron Davis makes the radiators for him. In case you do not know who Ron Davis is he makes radiators for ehemm this little organization call NASCAR!

Next company is Datsport: Well what can I say about these Aussies!!! BAZ and CO are great people with a great product! www.datsport.com (http://www.datsport.com) I would go this route right now if I didn't have almost another complete swap from the last car. I basically had everything to complete another swap already so that is the route I went with. There are about 6 Datsport kits in the US right now I know because I personally helped bring them into the country. I know that there are others out there but this was a bulk shipment. I have had the opportunity to look at this kit in detail and I must say that I am very impressed!!! This is by far the best you can get for the money involved and it is a complete install kit! No it does not come with a drive shaft but SO WHAT!!! 3/4 of the battle is getting the motor and tranny in the car correctly! This kit can now be obtained from the US datsport distributor Kevin Mackie at www.kbeam.com (http://www.kbeam.com) here is some of the stuff he is working on...if you use him tell him Kevin Neely sent you. I do not know how much he charges for the kits but you cannot put a price on safety in my opinion.

http://www.kbeam.com/PROJECT%20MAINPAGE.htm

If you need wiring done and you live in the Sacramento CA area Phil Lee of pro audio is your man! He is currently in the process of opening his new shop in Sacramento and his current business contact # is 209-609-0022 (think that # is right) Call him asap because he needs work and $$$$ to get his new shop off the ground. I am sure that you can send him your harness and he can modify it and send it back to you but don't quote me on that as I am not sure if he would like the car there when he does it.

Lastly, this guy is a self fabricator but I have grown to respect his work in putting his sr510 together.. His Name is Aaron Suchy and he lives in Oregon. This man did everything himself and he also has a jig for the X-member and motormounts you can see pics of his car here:

http://www.datsun510.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&page=7&sort=1&perpage=12&p puser=38&=

or just go to the site and look for the name suchy and check his photos!

Well I am going to say it one more time people...Be safe!!! I know you want to drive your car but I want you around in the future so we can talk about it! Like I said again I am no SR god! I just want everyone to excercise some patients and do it the right way! The SAFE way. I want you all to be around in the future!!! I have seen wayyyyyy tooooo many hack jobs in the last few years since I did my car I would never ride in those cars! I want to live!!!!

Lastly, Tranny mounts: I have heard it before..."I can fab up my own!!!" then I see them a few months down the road wondering why they keep messing up U joints!!! I will tell you why...if you do not have the pinion angle correct when you set this motor in the car you will go thru U joints and eventually Diffs like butter! You are putting undo stress on these parts because the pinion angle is not correct! The folks I have mentioned above have solved this problem already their tranny mounts work with their kits! O.K. I think I have typed enough now and got my point across. Everyone think SAFETY first and BE SAFE!!! I do not want to see you flying down a drag strip and plowing into a wall because you lost your steering! Let alone on a public hwy or street. Keep in mind that you need to be safe for the sake of others as well who have to be on the road with you! That is all for now...stay tuned and Merry X-mas and Happy new year. Keep an eye out for www.510driver.com (http://www.510driver.com) I will resurect this site!! I just got all of the rights to it and the software from the guy that let it fall in the first place.

sspikey
12-26-2004, 12:34 AM
Thank you for that great post. Yes the reason WHY i will be getting the datsport kit is first and foremost the sheer quality of it. I am VERY worried how my 32 year old datsun 510 will be doing with 350-400WHP. The diff is deffinately going to be changed along with many other things. Much like you said i have seen so many [censored] done SR swaps and hearing horror stories of Datsun guys and their cars hitting the road hard because of improperly setup cars. To be frank i am slightly rushing my swap this summer however not skimping out on quality and safety. I am going the Datsport route and love their fitting kit. Looks amazing. I just wont be running a full power setup right away. Motor is also being rebuilt but each day i think more and more to stript down teh car and add in a new rollcage properly designed and stitch weld the body to take the extra abuse. i will decide this month. Great post again hopefully people will understand now..... http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Five10PacksDE
12-26-2004, 07:04 PM
Thanks for all the info guys. Have you guys heard of the quality on cm510's kits?

threepointo
12-26-2004, 08:38 PM
I followed cam's website at one point but I do not have any knowledge on the quality of his stuff. He seems pretty cool though I would still have to see it up close...k

stock4door
12-31-2004, 05:52 AM
Five10PacksDE,

Just how far along exactly are you on your swap? What pieces do you have? What don't you have? Installing an sr20de does not require a whole lot of mods.

I know a lot of people speek highly of the australian stuff, but IMHO I am not that impressed. I have seen it and held it with my own hands before. Re-engineering the whole front suspension is not needed. Ordering parts from across sea's is kind of ridiculous when everything is available right here.

I can point you in some directions if you tell me exactly what you need. But... if you are really looking for cheaper, maybe the aussie route is for you. I would think twice about that though.

Danny

Five10PacksDE
12-31-2004, 02:47 PM
"Just how far along exactly are you on your swap? What pieces do you have? What don't you have? "

I bought the 510 as someones project and they had a ghetto fabbed crossmember, steering link, and tranny crossmember. All of this does not have a good driveline, and sits REALLY really low on the ground. I do not have a factory crossmember so I would have to pay for core charges anywhere I go. I was also concerned about the sway bar. So if CM510's kit is well made(I don't care for pretty TIG welds) it has everything I need, and i have to pay an extra 70 so I don't have to bring over my cores. + I don't have to towe(50-80) to the nearest driveshaft shop and get mine cut and rebalanced for a little under 200. I am hoping I can bolt this kit right up in my garage with np. The only other thing I am worrying about is which radiator I am going to run.

Demon
01-02-2005, 10:22 AM
If you do the currency conversion its cheaper by about 200.00 (including shipping) to purchase the Datsport kits directly from them instead of kbeam.

stock4door
01-05-2005, 05:46 AM
IMHO, The K-beam guy was polite on the phone. But he has zero experience with 510's and had none of the pieces or kits in stock at all when I spoke with him. Zero experience with sr20 engine swaps also. It seemed as though it was just another online sales place trying to get a niche in the Nissan market. I could be completely wrong, but this is not someone I would ever feel comfortable giving my money to. Although sending my money across sea's also is a little discerning. I just feel like the pieces can be had here stateside just as easy....

Demon
01-05-2005, 08:29 AM
IMHO, The K-beam guy was polite on the phone. But he has zero experience with 510's and had none of the pieces or kits in stock at all when I spoke with him. Zero experience with sr20 engine swaps also. It seemed as though it was just another online sales place trying to get a niche in the Nissan market. I could be completely wrong, but this is not someone I would ever feel comfortable giving my money to. Although sending my money across sea's also is a little discerning. I just feel like the pieces can be had here stateside just as easy....

I wouldnt worry about sending money to the Datsport guys, they have a good rep. Plus if you pay by credit card you will have some additional protection.

iHATEstupidity
01-05-2005, 04:08 PM
this isn't the kind of project you get into when you're short on money. you will be better off shelving the car for a little while, and build up your knowledge base and bank account. that way you can tackle it head on when you're actually ready and finish the car quicker, and get it right the first time out

TTwomp
01-05-2005, 11:21 PM
http://www.datsun510.com/photopost/data/3178/170Dans_pictures_032.jpg

LIKE THAT?

sspikey
01-10-2005, 08:27 AM
That car is gorgeous. I was going through your album pics and loved it, the work on that car is seamless

TTwomp
01-10-2005, 07:07 PM
Thanks! My girlfriends car. Get this...We built that car, from a painted shell in 2.5 months after work every day (long days). It had the NA CA18 first, which is the single biggest mistake Nissan ever made, the CA ate itself up, and then we put the SR into it. Still have a few issues to work out, but BOTH cars are daily driven, auto-x'd and tracked. Yes, she did half the work on it. I love her...
DG

Five10PacksDE
01-11-2005, 02:34 PM
2.5 months! Wow. A girl that girl that likes 510's too! Better hold on to her. Most girls i know just want a Benz.

TerK
08-19-2006, 10:27 PM
I know this is an old thread, but it came up on a search, so I thought I would share my experience.

I contracted with Kevin Mackie at Kbeam to do the SR20DET swap into my '71 510. Well, he bs'ed me and spoke as if he had plenty of experience with them. We agreed at a price of $8-$9K for the job. He subcontracted with some guys in Gilroy (Tom Henderson and crew) to do the work. They managed to get the motor and tranny in, with the ease of the datsport kit. But they started failing with the fabrication, and had some funky downpipe fab, etc. They originally told me 6-8 weeks for the project. I dropped off the car 12/04. Kevin told me the right turbo for the car was a T3/T4 hybrid, so I started searching for one. I found one, showed him the link for that turbo on the web, asked if I should purchase it, and he gave me the green light. The manifold proper for that turbo, and they fabricated the intake and downpipe, another other minor custom items around that turbo. When the car finally got the point of running (approximately 12 months later), it turns out that that turbo was way wrong for the motor, and simply would not build boost. Maybe some T3/T4 turbos might work, but that one was huge, and was way too large for that motor...no boost, no power.

When Kevin realized that he f'ed up, and would need to spend a couple grand to correct his mistake, he basically washed his hands of the project, and essentially told me I was SOL, that he could afford to make good on his error, and told me to pick up the car.

Backing up...he had a fall out with the guys in Gilroy, and again sub-contracted with DGR Fabrications in Santa Clara to install the radiator, intake, and intercooler. Initially, their work looked good. But there was problem #2. What they didn't tell me (and possibly Kevin) was that they put pure water in the radiator. After the 15 months, the car was finally shipped to me to my new location in Colorado. Because it went through sub-zero weather (yes, it gets below zero in the bay area too), the freeze plugs blew during transport, which cost me $1,100 to correct after it arrived here in CO. Problem #3, was that Kevin, once again, denied liability for that, as did Dan at DGR Fabrications.

Besides that, the wiring they did, was all f'ed up, and it took $400 in labor charges for those corrections. After the car was running again, I took it to Mac Autosport in Parker, CO, and their competency was obvious, and in no time flat, they had installed a killer turbo (GT28 BB; $1,350), which cost me a total of $3K. Fortunately, it made all the difference in the world, and the beotch dynoed at 270 whp with the stock injectors at 7 psi boost.

So...I pick up the car from Mac Autosport, and drive start driving it my house in Colorado Springs (~60 miles). Half way home, the tranny fries. I learned later that there was zero gear oil in the tranny. So...once again, Kevin and his retarded associates failed again, neglecting to put f'ing gear oil in the tranny! Welp, that cost me another $500 to buy a new tranny.

Bottom line: Stay away from anyone named Kevin Mackie at Kbeam Imports and/or Dan Gallmeister at DGR Fabrications. Neither of these guys have any integrity, and failed to make good on their blatent errors. Making the error is one thing, but when a person is getting paid big bucks for their alleged expertise, they better at least make good if they big time blunder at the expense of the customer. Dan's excuses were as lame as they get...saying that he did tell me there was pure water (he never said a word to me; maybe he told Kevin, but Kevin never told me) then saying that pure water is okay in a radiator, that it's better for performance. Gee...fascinating...I guess anyone putting actual antifreeze is wasting money, and only robbing the motor of 0.75 hp. He then said it was my fault, because I brought it to Colorado. I guess I was dreaming when I saw sub-zero temps during the 4 years I lived in San Jose. As if the actual consequence wasn't evidence enough, anti-freeze nevertheless, according to Dan...is simply unnecessary. Nope...correction: Dan was simply too f'ing lazy to run down the street (or stock) anti-freeze (also known as coolant;, i.e. another reason that kooky stuff is added to 99.99999% of radiators in cars) and put it in my car!

Sadly, both their attitudes on the phone were, in essence "Furk you buddy, this is all your fault, go to hell"...with extraordinary hostility.

If it's not clear, stay away from these two piles of dung. Sure...they were both super nice when I was sending them money. Some people's true character is revealed when it means money out of their pocket. And they took full advantage of the fact I'm now in CO, knowing that it's more of a hassle for me to sue them. When I threatened a law suit with Dan, he something like, "you can't get money out of a person if they don't have any". Sounds like he knows he'd lose, but just doesn't have any conscience, and couldn't care less about fukking over his fellow man.

Surprisingly, even though www.kbeam.com (http://www.kbeam.com) 's homepage says they're out of business (which I doubt), he's still promoting my car as his project! http://www.kbeam.com/PROJECT%20SR20DET%20PAGE.htm

Terry

detroadster
08-19-2006, 11:06 PM
I've never heard of "KBeam" but DGR is well known in the Datsun community for doing first rate work. I've seen a number of their SR swaps into Roadsters and they are all amazing. This is honestly the first time I have ever heard a bad thing about them. I wonder if there was some beind the scenes miscommunication between DGR and this Kevin guy. Like you said, Dan may have communicated things to Kevin that simply never made it to you.

Anyway, sorry to hear you had such a bad experience. This is why no one touches my car but me. If something goes wrong, I've got no one to blame but myself!

TerK
08-20-2006, 12:01 AM
As far as their general work quality, it was very good, from what I saw. I'm not doubting their SR swap ability. Kevin's initial reaction was that he was never told. I cannot know, but if I had to guess (and I have no bias in my judgement), I would say that Dan never told Kevin. I wouldn't bet too much money either way, but I trust my judge of character and one's sincerity, and Kevin's reaction seemed honest (about not knowing) when I told him. He could be a good liar though, who knows.

But where Dan showed big red flags of being the guilty one, is that he never once emphasized that he told Kevin. If I had done the bonehead move, I would've been professing UP AND DOWN that I told Kevin...Dan didn't do anything of the sort. He immediately went into a hostile, insulting, "you're SOL" mode. That tells me...he f'ed up...and never told Kevin.

SR 510 swap quality and workmanship overall? Very good. Integrity and character if something goes wrong? Bottom of the scale. Every indication is that he screwed out right. Again, if it were me, I couldn't stress enough that I made it clear to Kevin to beware of that there was water only in the radiator. I don't remember him telling me once that he told Kevin.

TerK
08-20-2006, 12:12 AM
Regarding no one touching the car but myself...laughingly, Dan's associate, or partner, (son?), Danny gave me the same advice! This is the guy who actually did some or all of the work on my car, so I was led to believe. In fact, it may have actually been Danny (not Dan) who's laziness caused him to put in pure water...maybe he's the one who never told Dan. Dan might just be trying to protect Danny.

Anyway, Danny chimed into an email I sent once on Craigslist, and told me that maybe I ought to do my own work so people (like them!) don't screw me! Good advice, from the bad guy himself.

Even though they obviously work together, Dan later tried telling me that A) Danny is not his son (maybe he's not, but I could've swore I was told that when we first met), and B) that they have absolutely no association with each other...and the extent of their relationship is only that Danny rents some of the work space. Dan's lying through his teeth!

Regardless of a person's skill, I like supporting people I respect (as defined when things go wrong, and their ability to stand like a man, and hold themselves accountable for their mistakes). That's why I posted it...to warn people of the fact that IF Dan can get away with screwing you (like when he knows you're in a different state), he won't hesitate. Do you really want to support a guy that you know is capable of doing that?

TTwomp
08-20-2006, 09:02 PM
OK, here I am. This has been an ongoing slander fest towards me by TERK. First Craigslist, now here. I'm okay with that. Anyone asociated with Datsuns knows me, knows of me, or can get to me just by asking around. Feel free to call the shop (408) 975-0777, or my Cell (408) 674-5390. The internet is an amazing tool for good or bad. Call me and make your own conclusion. Terk, I hear you're selling your 510. Good luck with that.

Dan Gallmeister
DGR Fabrication
San Jose, CA

Regarding no one touching the car but myself...laughingly, Dan's associate, or partner, (son?), Danny gave me the same advice! This is the guy who actually did some or all of the work on my car, so I was led to believe. In fact, it may have actually been Danny (not Dan) who's laziness caused him to put in pure water...maybe he's the one who never told Dan. Dan might just be trying to protect Danny.

Anyway, Danny chimed into an email I sent once on Craigslist, and told me that maybe I ought to do my own work so people (like them!) don't screw me! Good advice, from the bad guy himself.

Even though they obviously work together, Dan later tried telling me that A) Danny is not his son (maybe he's not, but I could've swore I was told that when we first met), and B) that they have absolutely no association with each other...and the extent of their relationship is only that Danny rents some of the work space. Dan's lying through his teeth!

Regardless of a person's skill, I like supporting people I respect (as defined when things go wrong, and their ability to stand like a man, and hold themselves accountable for their mistakes). That's why I posted it...to warn people of the fact that IF Dan can get away with screwing you (like when he knows you're in a different state), he won't hesitate. Do you really want to support a guy that you know is capable of doing that?

TerK
08-20-2006, 10:28 PM
OK, here I am. This has been an ongoing slander fest towards me by TERK. First Craigslist, now here. I'm okay with that. Anyone asociated with Datsuns knows me, knows of me, or can get to me just by asking around. Feel free to call the shop (408) 975-0777, or my Cell (408) 674-5390. The internet is an amazing tool for good or bad. Call me and make your own conclusion. Terk, I hear you're selling your 510. Good luck with that.

Dan Gallmeister
DGR Fabrication
San Jose, CA

Hey Dan! Not exactly my best buddy. Why? Because you have no integrity or quality in your character. As you noticed, I've been perfectly accurate and fair...giving you credit where it is due (acknowledging your expertise with Datsuns. That's not the issue here! I have no doubt there are many people who would speak most favorably of you. And so would I, if you hadn't failed to make good on yours and/or Danny's blunder.

I've pretty much kept my personal opinion out of this entirely...my comments were thorough, thoughful, and fair. I've acknowledged the possibility that you may have told Kevin, but your demeanor, and total lack of an actual defense gives strong indication you simply messed up, then revealed your character (or lack there of) when you failed to own up to a simply mistake. I haven't just slammed you...I gave great detail, in every attempt to be absolutely fair. I revealed the details or our conversations, and that (as I stated before) your total lack of communication that you told Kevin is one thing, but seriously...who wouldn't be jumping up and down crying out how they told Kevin, if they actually had.

Dan...it's a cool thing that you would want people's opinion of you to be defended by you. But the fact that you want to do it in private (by having them call you), allows you to lie and bs just like you did with me! Go ahead and tell your side of the story on this board. I will have the opportunity to verify or tag your comments as accurate or not.

But really, this is a pretty simply case. I've stated it just like it happened, and you know that! Tell me where I've been inaccurate...please.

You know Dan, again, I know there are plenty that think highly of your skills w/510s. Again, I would too (and actually do, minus the lame simply blunder of A) putting water in, and B) (more importantly) not making it perfectly clear to everyone that there is water only in it, and that it's solely intended to get the car home, where it should be changed to anti-freeze/coolant. The rest of work was good...no complaints on the fabricating.

But my point is, this isn't a question of your skills. This is a situation where your character is revealed to be crap. It's easy to be good, when being good is easy. Character is revealed when a person owns up to something he's responsible for, when there's great personal consequence to him.

I've got better things to do than slander people who don't deserve it. And while yes, I'm still pissed (that people like you exist; yes, I know there's far worse), I'm also more interested in warning my fellow man...fairly. I've made it clear that your expertise is good with SR 510 swaps. I also want to make people aware that you will fukk 'em if you think you can get away with it.

Again Dan, tell me specifically where my testimony is inaccurate. I've love to hear your defense. To date, your entire defense (after the initial "you need to deal with Kevin on this" failed, you tried bsing me by saying that water is okay, and that this only happened because the car went to Colorado...oh, and that pure water is better for performance. You're almost right there. I use water with RM125 in my Grand National, which has the protective qualities of coolant/anti-freeze, but is thinner than the aforementioned, and provides that crutial 0.75 hp. Yep...I know you only wanted to maximize my performance! Pardon me, I've been enlightened...you really are a good man.

Let's hear it, Dan...better yet, if anyone wants further detail on what happened, feel free to call me at: 408-688-7359. This isn't slander, this is warning my fellow man of a person that has proven has no integrity when he makes a mistake. Again, I support people I trust, and I know there are others out there like me. They're welcome to make their own conclusions.

The bottom line is this...why in the world would I post like this if you had told me that it was pure water? It wouldn't even have occured to me to post as such. I'd know I f'ed up, and that'd be the end of it.

TerK
08-20-2006, 10:37 PM
Terk, I hear you're selling your 510. Good luck with that.

I'm sure you're sincere in your wishes...the way you've treated me, I know you wish your fellow man the best.

I'll sell it if I can get what I need for it. Between your's and Kevin's fukk ups, it cost me about $5K to correct them.

It was sure great to finally find a shop that seriously knew what they were doing. They put on the right turbo, and did it in record time. How long was my car at your shop? Two months...for maybe 10 hours of work? (yes, I know you were at Mt. Shasta for a week (I believe that's where you went). Mac Autosport installed a new turbo, fabricated a new downpipe, fabricated the wastegate, dyno tuned, and had it back to me in two weeks (half of which was waiting for the turbo to come in).

Yes, the end quality of work was just fine, but your attitude and lack of enthusiasm (now that I think about it) was sub-standard from the 1st week. Before you had the job, you were a fairly nice guy, but afterwards, you would often give me comments like "I'm not exactly sure when I can finish it. It might be a month...I'm not sure". But again, I was impressed with a noticable undertone of lack of interest. That's not good. I've been around long enough to know who I'd go back to...even if you hadn't boneheaded the water in the rad, I wouldn't go back to you again, not because of quality of work, but...bad attitude. I can see why you buddied up with Rob at Z Car Garage...you two are well matched...both are too big for their britches.

TerK
08-20-2006, 11:51 PM
P.S. Dan, I will continue to inform people of my experience with you. Without malicious intent...only to warn my fellow man. I'm not sure you would, but many people have the desire to exercise the Golden Rule to others.

Though I'm surely am not betting on it, if you did choose to make good on your error, and pay the $1,100 it cost me (invoice would be provided) to have the freeze plugs replaced, I will make that known on these boards and any others I post in the future, and make it clear to everyone that you eventually evened your debt and came around to doing the right thing. You might just end up not losing $1,100 in lost profits from people that stay away from you as a result of these tips from me (What do you make on an SR swap? Probably at least a couple thou...that means one person that doesn't come to you for their swap, and you've already lost money). It's fairly apparent that you have no conscience, but maybe it'll hit you one day...if the lost of revenue doesn't motivate you.

Again, I'm a fairly good judge of character...so I'd be shocked if you change your attitude one itoa. Maybe you think you can win the confidence of those that choose to believe your lies, if they decide to call you personally. As you've stated, you're okay with my post as you termed it...so you won't mind if I continue to warn others. How long do you plan on being in business? I don't mind warning people for years to come.

Better Business Bureau...not a bad idea! They're primary purpose is to warn people too... Unless I hear from you regarding reimbursement within 72 hours, I will be filing a formal complaint with them.

510nut
08-22-2006, 01:06 PM
:eek: this woulda been plenty to keep me away!

"there is never enough time to do it right the first time, but always enough time to do it again" -dad

Amolao
08-22-2006, 03:03 PM
I see this all the time, people sending their cars and large sums of money hoping to get decent and fair mechanical work and instead they get rape with inferior work and rude treatment. If you are not mechanically inclined, do good research when you it comes to letting work in your car, specially if is going to cost you this much. And thats a beautiful 510, I feel your pain.... :eek:

231z
08-28-2006, 12:07 PM
TerK; "I've pretty much kept my personal opinion out of this entirely...my comments were thorough, thoughful, and fair."

Terry,

You are nothing but opinion and dribble...without which you could not exist happily. I'd be happy to post the rants and tirades you have posted in the Buick community regarding your sentiments about darn near anything you have an opinion of. This would include the 8 page note you sent to me personally (prior to leaving to France) about your experience of receiving citations from law enforcement officials for YOUR acts of negligence. This note included how the majority of officers are badge heavy and egotistical. Rather bold considering that is my profession. I wonder what you intended to gain from that? It only led me to believe you are a person who fails to learn from his mistakes and places the blame onto others despite your own wrong doing.

You enjoy rocking the boat and making issue of just about anything you can...especially if it causes controversy. I've yet to read a post by you in any forum, Buick, Nissan, Datsun or otherwise, that doesn't include PAGES of psychobabble and useless utterances.

I watched your car come together in Dan's shop. He placed a great deal of time and energy into your project. There was a reason Rob (Z Car Garage) would not take it into his shop...that was MY forewarning. Dan accepted the job before I could warn him. When I did mention your character, he said to me in return, "It's okay, I'm dealing with Kevin, I won't have any contact with Terry." Kevin was your main contact. Dan never had contact with you regarding your project, despite your attempts to work with him directly. Dan did what Kevin contracted. Your thoughts have not been thorough or fair. You have speculated, made opinion and assumptions. My reason for knowing this is that you have never had direct contact with Dan...it has always been through a middle man. HENCE YOU CAN'T HAVE 1ST HAND KNOWLEDGE.

I'd also like to address your first unfair or outright lie, that there have been ZERO subzero tempuratures in the Bay Area while you were here. Unless you lived on Mt. Hamilton...which you did not...you NEVER experienced subzero temps. I've lived in the Bay Area 32 years...and in Santa Cruz where it is colder and never experienced a subzero climate. I wonder why you wish to lie about the weather? Makes me wonder what else you would like to fabricate?

I warned Dan not to take the job because I knew at some point, no matter what, you'd play the lawyer card. In my job, we call that an MO. Modus Operandi. Since I have known you Terry, you have tossed the, "I'm going to get a lawyer!" card into about everything you've ventured into. I've read, heard, of witnessed you say this more than a handfull of times. Seems life to you is that you are always getting screwed. Everyone is out to *ick you. Well my experience in life is that once and a while bad things happen, but for the majority it is good. Instead of looking at others as trying to screw you, maybe you should look at yourself first. It can't be that everyone is screwing you.

For those who don't know, Terry recently purchased a Chevelle privately after an Ebay auction ended...sight unseen (except throught pictures). He has a habit of buying cars that look fun, are fun, or could be fun. Problem #1...he doesn't know a damn thing/ or very little about them. I wonder what the next threat of a lawsuit will entail. Will it be that the piston’s fried with the 400 shot of nitrous and it becomes the prior owners fault?

Terry, give it a rest. Life can't be as negative as you make it.

TerK
08-28-2006, 01:57 PM
Well, well, well. If it’s not my worst buddy, Tyson. This explains so much. Ladies and gentlemen, this is a perfect example of the problems with our government. That is, allowing guys like Tyson to be a cop. His perception of reality is highly distorted, he’s got a monster ego, and that’s not good when you’re writing tickets for a living.

Let me quote Tyson: “I bent over backwards helping you”. That was in regards to him pulling off the freeway and meeting me a Jack in the Box 100ft from the offramp, simply to give me some parts that he ordered for me. I insisted on meeting him there, so he wouldn’t have to drive to my house, which was a mile or so from there.

The crazy thing about you Tyson is how juvenile your mentality is. It’s quite odd that all of your negativity for me is some form of transference from Jerry. Jerry, who’s absolutely packed with negativity (OH GOD…more psycho babble!), spoke of his experience with me. Which I’d love you to even be able to recite that history…it was all about an ultra-negative guy, who made a big drama over nothing…gee, just like you!; hint: I had the MAF that he loaned me for longer than he preferred…tell me, Tyson, what else? After all, if one’s going to hate another person as much as you do I, you’d think he’d have clear and concise memory of why. So do yourself, me and anyone else would could possibly care a personal favor and give us all specific details of all those things that have led you to having such low opinion of me…I INSIST!). But the crazy thing is, you were Jerry’s buddy there, and seemed to be more bent out of shape about it than he was! Jerry and I have been on civil terms since then…he bought a spare GN motor I had, and has been perfectly mature about my comments on our car-club email list since then. Why are you being such a little baby about all this (me)? Was it just because I thoroughly insulted your intelligence in that private letter? Must be, because otherwise, you’re totally out of touch with reality. You simply have very little to back up your justification for hostility and attacks toward me. Tyson, I’ve been around awhile…I’m fairly confident when I make a blunder, and when the other person has reason to be majorly f’ing pissed off! Jerry overreacted to a petty issue (meaning, I don’t believe it actually caused him any actual consequence to his life), and you reacted more spastically to an event that didn’t even involve you!!! How lame is that?

Now here’s the really lame part: The fact that you would take all your juvenile hurt feelings of being insulted (from my letter), incorporated Jerry’s disapproval of some pretty minor stuff, and then somehow try to condemn me for it…to the point of telling Rob to stay away from me. Now, if that’s not juvenile, I don’t know what is. Tyson, you little baby! Grow up, man! The fact is, you did me a favor by “tipping off” Rob. He showed what a big fat little boy he is too… His ego is right in line with yours, and it’s no wonder at all why you two relate to each other so well. Get two power trippin’ guys together, and you have a compatible couple, plain and simple. Sorry, too much psychology for you? I know it’s above your head, pardon me.

And that wasn’t good enough…you had to go to Dan and try to warn him too. What ****ing loser little boy you are…yeah, you’re fit to enforce justice. F’ing scary!!! But hey, Americans are indeed retarded in who they see fit to enforce our government, as if it’s not painfully obvious by our President; who only represents the retardation of millions of American public. But that’s a different subject. I’d bet anything you love Bush!

Here’s something else I insist upon: That you give details and support this statement: “Since I have known you Terry, you have tossed the, "I'm going to get a lawyer!" card into about everything you've ventured into. I've read, heard, of witnessed you say this more than a handfull of times.” Seriously, I insist. Because I don’t know what the hell you’re talking about. You need to very simply state those times…super easy. And you better make sure that there’s “more than a handful” of examples. But this comes from a guy who’s psychosis has him believing he’s “bent over backwards” to help me.

Regarding some of my posts on other boards. I won’t deny that I’m sometimes negative. But Tyson, dear boy, who the hell are you to talk?! You’re more negative than me, and without good cause!!!

This comment: “For those who don't know, Terry recently purchased a Chevelle privately after an Ebay auction ended...sight unseen (except throught pictures). He has a habit of buying cars that look fun, are fun, or could be fun. Problem #1...he doesn't know a damn thing/ or very little about them. I wonder what the next threat of a lawsuit will entail. Will it be that the piston’s fried with the 400 shot of nitrous and it becomes the prior owners fault?” …is pointless. Was that really your point? Tyson, you’re simply not a very bright guy. If I ever threaten to sue a person or company (to help you out with your list, there have been three (Dan at DGR Fabrication, Kevin at KBeam Imports, and the people at Keller Automotive, who charged me several hundred dollars more than they should have for bumbling around in the motor compartment (or do you think that $1,100 is reasonable for changing freeze plugs in a motor that takes 3 hours total to r&r?). And I’ll probably be suing Keller for rear end damage to the 510 while it sat in their lot. Tell me…you think that that was my fault too?

Tyson, you’re just a sorry little man with a big shiny badge, who wears it too heavy (I see you’ve got a term for it….perfect). Wake up, and realize that you simply have absolutely no clue as to what you’re talking about. If you’re going to be so extremely judgmental at least come close to having all the facts. And you tell me that I don’t have all the facts re: Dan at DGR. Hypocrisy sound familiar?

Blame others for my wrong doing? You’ve confused the law with “wrong doing”. And when fat ego, little brained cops like you take advantage and corrupt the wholesome goal of the written law, there’s only one person (between the cop and the person getting a ticket) who’s doing wrong, and it ain’t the guy who has to pay. Getting a ticket for being half way through an intersection when the traffic slows after I’m already in the intersection, and I have no choice, is simply a cop collecting money on a technicality. There was 0.00% chance of anyone getting hurt, there was no way I could’ve avoided it, and there was no way I could ever have learned anything, (being that there was no way to anticipate/avoid it!). The cop just saw another opportunity to collect revenue for the city of San Jose. You need to openmindedly ponder the concept of right and wrong, Tyson.

But please…do review this post, and give me those examples I requested. I’m fascinated to see how you could slander a guy so much. With cause (if that were my intent with Dan and Kevin) is one thing, I’d like to see why you’ve made it your life’s mission to inform everyone you know to stay away from me. The fact that you even mentioned my 8 page (did you really count it?) letter to you in this post says…that’s why. You got hurt, and now you’re going to make me pay. You know what Tyson, being that your friends and associates are most likely those much like you, I am sorry you didn’t get to Dan and effectively convince him to not deal with my car. I wouldn’t have been burned by a guy with no integrity.

And Tyson, why the fark are you on this board anyway? You’ve concluded that Dan is telling you the truth (assuming he told you that he really did tell me and/or Kevin about the water). What if you’re wrong? What if everything I’ve said is accurate? Hey…if a guy lies to one guy about a mistake that would cost him $1,100 to correct, there’s at least a 50% chance that he’ll lie to anyone else about it too….in case that guy ever does take him to court, he won’t have a witness (in case you two had a falling out) to testify that he admitted he messed up.

And one last thing: That’s impressive that you’ve lived in San Jose for 32 years. It just further shows how valueless your banter is. Take a peek here: http://www.weather.com/outlook/health/fitness/wxclimatology/monthly/graph/USCA0993?from=search (http://www.weather.com/outlook/health/fitness/wxclimatology/monthly/graph/USCA0993?from=search) and then select the “RECORD LOW” option toward the top. You’ll need to call weather.com and correct them. The 5 months of low temps in the teens and twenties are obviously inaccurate. And that funny white frosty stuff I saw on my windshield on multiple occasions in during the winter there was obviously not frozen water, but only a distorted figment of my negative mentality…as were the sub-zero temps I saw on my STi’s air temp gauge.

Keep your slander coming Tyson…I’m more than happy to refute it.

Please read the last thing you wrote. That is seriously the only accurate thing you've written. And not only that, it's advice you're in gravely desparate need of abiding.

TerK
08-28-2006, 02:13 PM
P.S. If what you said is true, about warning Dan, it just shows that he's really not very smart either. Since he made the decision to go ahead take the job, he should've had the presence of mind to not make such a stupid mistake! Or apparently he was thinking, "I can make whatever retarded maneuver I want, 'cause I'm going through Kevin....he won't sue me". Nice business ethics if that's the case.

TerK
08-28-2006, 03:34 PM
And one other thing Tyson...besides everything else, how uncool are you? How would you feel if I posted to our car-club group and potential buyers of the stuff you're trying to unload...emphatically warning them to stay away from you? Why? Because I simply don't like you? The fact is, I think you're friggin' out of your mind, with all due respect. This, being because your perception of reality is so far out of wack. But (and it's a big but), I have no reason to think that you would outright screw somebody...I have no actual evidence of that. So I don't go around posting publicly for people to stay away from you. Nor do you have any reason (unlike I do for DGR and KBeam) ...so you have no cause to be warning people of me, without any valid reasons (again, post those reasons in detail if you think I'm in error, so we can have proper and fair communication). Therefore, while your attempts have only served me well (thank God I didn't go with Rob), your efforts are in fact, highly uncool. Grow up....little boy with a badge. Your demeanor is that which I saw in my peers in Jr. High.

Tell me, since you've accused me of being sue happy...what would you do if you hired a mechanic and he put in pure water, didn't tell you, and the freeze plugs blew because of it (regardless of the local area's temps. In case you're not familiar with the purpose of cars, they're designed to take people to other places. Those other places include those that (I know...it's shocking to think), may get below freezing more often than others). Would you not feel that that is a perfectly valid reason for taking them to court? What other better example of a small claims court hearing could one ask for?!!! And if your car was damaged while in the possession of a mechanic, and $4,000 of damaged was incurred while with them, wouldn't you sue them? No? Apparently not. Because there's no other way you could emphasize this as the main point of your post unless you thought I was just some guy who wants to sue everybody...for no good reason. Nothing like a little sh*t talkin' about a guy when you have NO CLUE as to the facts. And you wonder why I think you're f'ed up.

And he's a cop!

231z
08-28-2006, 07:30 PM
Terry,

I think your continuous rants are simply validating my original statements. You are like a pitbull that won’t stop humping the leg.

BTW, I was educated at a well respected University. You seem to want to challenge my educational background. Feel free to continue to make your comments, however, they only solidify how ridiculous you sound. If you wish to verify my education, contact the Leavey School of Business at Santa Clara University. You’ll find I did pretty well.

As far as my mental stability, I endured a 6 month background evaluation and answered over 4000 psychological questions. I also passed two polygraph tests, and two interviews with psychologists. I teach in the elementary and middle schools about resisting drugs and alcohol. I believe I'm okay.

You however, have an admitted drug abuse history and at 40+ have little to show for yourself. Please refute.

"I’d bet anything you love Bush!"

You are correct...I love to eat it and lick it. Anything else?

BTW- I’d like to know your response when Kevin told you originally that your radiator was TOO SMALL. Maybe there was a reason there was water in it.

paemt
08-28-2006, 07:41 PM
You made your point.