PDA

View Full Version : what do these symptoms sound like to you

spbuster77
12-19-2004, 08:12 PM
After a couple weeks of frustration i'm not longer sure what to think. The ecu was throwing code 43 which I checked and means TPS sensor. I got the tps sensor from my buddy's vehicle which worked perfect on his, installed it on mine and low and behold the code is gone. Now the problem i'm having its a mystery to me.

When I hit the gas the car will go, but only if i let it rev slowly. The second the car seems to hit any kind of boost it will bog and the engine will nearly die on me. I checked for boost leaks and there were none. No rips in any couplers or anything.

I'm using a twin chamber apexi blow off valve that i purchased on ebay, is there a chance this might be [censored] and is letting my boost out all at once?

Next thing I notice is that my coolant temperature doesn't even budge after 15 minutes of letting the car sit there at idle, not even a smidge. Is there a chance it is the coolant sensor causing this? If that is what it is then is there a usdm part that is the same as the S13 redtop sensor?

More a less when i'm trying to drive the car will of the sudden just jerk really badly and i swear the car is going to die. I can't tell if the fuel is cutting out or what is happening but is it ever annoying.

Any help is appreciated.

Ovrated
12-20-2004, 02:40 AM
if you didnt install the tps per FSM specs, drivability willsuck

try to unplug the tps, and driveit around the block.. see how that works

redhanded
12-20-2004, 02:53 AM
maybe it could be your MAF. when my maf went bad, it had symptoms similiar to that of yours. also maybe fuel problems??

Turbob15sentra
12-20-2004, 06:49 AM
The TPS.. doesn't realy have a large bearing on wide open throttle enrichment. The TPS basically corrects for the initial throttle tip-in when you hit the gas pedal. There's a slight delay in response to throttle changes.. so the TPS is there to correct for that.. and smooth out the driveability. If you had TPS problems.. you might get a hiccup at first when you tip into the throttle.. but it should clear up after a second if you stay in the gas.

Travis

rogoman
12-20-2004, 07:21 AM
When I hit the gas the car will go, but only if i let it rev slowly. The second the car seems to hit any kind of boost it will bog and the engine will nearly die on me. I checked for boost leaks and there were none. No rips in any couplers or anything.

A couple of things to check:
1 - Vacuum leak. There should be at least 20 InHg at idle.
2 - Fuel delivery. The fuel filter may be plugged up.

spbuster77
12-20-2004, 12:20 PM
Fuel filter is a brand new alluminum type mr gasket high flow fuel filter.

ECU is still throwing code 43, tps. What kind of problems would a bad coolant temp sensor show? I mean the coolant temp in the stock gauge does not even budge after 15 to 20 minutes of sitting there it doesn't make any sense becaue i can feel the radiator getting hot.

No vacuum leaks either, i thought of that but it is just perfect. Boost leaks were double checked yesterday and everything checked ok. However I can not for the life get the car to build up any boost at all, i mean that zero, none, zip. Is there a chance my apexi bov is screwd and is just letting the boost out? That is the only thing I can actually see causing it doing this. It is not like a hiccup feeling, it throws me forward in the car when it does it because the car nearly dies on you. It never did any of this before until thise code 43 started throwing.