PDA

View Full Version : subtitles

**DONOTDELETE**
12-21-2001, 08:54 PM
i know this will probaly get moved but nobody has been looking in off topic and i really need help. i got my initial d the movie dvd today and can't get english subtitles to come up. on the dvd menu you only have on and off and when i turn them on it's chinese . on the dvd player menu i can select english but it still plays chinese. i'm gettin really hacked about this because it took 6 weeks for me to get it and i would like to watch it. by the way this is the single disc version not the boxed set http://www.freshalloy.com/

BioSehnsucht
12-21-2001, 09:50 PM
Um.. the only way you might even possible get english subtitles is with a bootleg of a fansub. I can tell you for sure the official versions don't have english subtitles in ANY video format.

**DONOTDELETE**
12-21-2001, 10:15 PM
all my other initial d dvd's have english and they are all made by the same company...this one just has a weird menu set-up that i cant figure out.

KenFuji
12-22-2001, 08:22 AM
i have the box set and there is no problem. maybe you got a vcd one???

BioSehnsucht
12-22-2001, 08:47 AM
I just have the *legit* R2 DVDs (boxset first stage, and special edition 3rd stage .. can't afford to get second/extra yet)

**DONOTDELETE**
12-22-2001, 02:10 PM
When you first boot up the DVD, you should be presented with the main menu that has three options, represented with different characters.

1. Takumi & Mogi - Movie (watch the movie)
2. Bunta & GS Manager - Stage (Select from 4 different points to start the film.
3. Ryosuke - Subtitle (choose this)

On the next screen, you should see two big pictures of the AE86, one with the nose facing you and one with the tail facing you. Use the arrows on your DVD remote to highlight the one with the tail facing you, and the big letters "ENGLISH" should come up. Press select on the remote, and you'll go back to the main menu, where you can choose "Movie" to begin.

IF yours doesn't have this, then you have the Japanese version. If it does, you have the Chinese release. Both exist in legit versions.