PDA

View Full Version : 95-96 to 97-98 240SX front end conversion

**DONOTDELETE**
12-21-2001, 10:17 PM
Sup guys?
Is changing the front end of a 95-96 240sx and doing a front end convesion to a 97-98 240sx possible by just switching the fenders, hood, and headlights? What i really want to know is if the fenders will fit without modificatoins so the conversion could be done by a simple slap on to fit without body shops having to do anything else. This might seem a lil confusing so if you guys can't understand i'll try to reword it again. THANX

lenso
12-21-2001, 10:20 PM
this can be found in previous posts. In the future try using the search function.

All you need is fender, hood, lights, bumper. Im pretty sure its just direct bolt on.

JonCarson
12-21-2001, 11:22 PM
To the best of my knowledge...Yes, it is a direct bolt-on.

LSo-RPS13 already mentioned the part that you left out...the bumper. Can't go without that.

Meeks32
12-22-2001, 12:05 AM
I dont see why, but I think you need the bumper too & I think the grills are different.

**DONOTDELETE**
12-22-2001, 07:00 AM
The grill was different but only due to the bumper and headlights.When he converts the headlight over the grill latch's in the headlightr not ta seperate piece cus i have the 97 and my friend has got the 96 and we looked i believe there is going to be some modifacation when you put the fenders on.My friend and i looked and we belive that the holes in the fender wont match up perfectly and what kind of hood are you trying to get and oem or a carbon fiber.The reason i am asking i have a place by my where i live and if i can get three or more people to get a carbon fiber hood with me then the price will drop due to less shipping and stuff and we are gurentted that the hoods will fit dirrectly these will be oem style but you wont need to put pins in cus he said they mount to the original stock latch's.So let me know e-mail me.

JonCarson
12-22-2001, 04:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Meeks32:
I dont see why, but I think you need the bumper too & I think the grills are different.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The bottom of the 95-96 lights are round and they dip down into the bumper.

The bottom of the 97-98 lights, on the other hand, are flat.

Meeks32
12-22-2001, 06:01 PM
There is no way its $3000, maybe to get it painted also but not for just parts alone.

$330 for the hood
$300 for each fender
$100+ for the grill
dunno about the bumper, shouldnt be THAT expensive though
$125 for each light(thats the 95-96 lights, I dont see why the 97's would be that much more)
$? for the corner lenses, should be under 100 for both but im not certain.

**DONOTDELETE**
12-23-2001, 12:20 AM
I have done two conversions. and was actually left with an extra set, but I sold it already... be prepared to spend some cash. first... the fenders bolt right up, anyone who says otherwise got aftermarket fenders. i got oem fenders from nissan... second. you will need th headlights. they bolt right on, but the low beam configuration for the wiring is diffrent because the 97-98 has the H1 projector. the bulbs come with the headlights when you buy them. then you will need the corner lenses. the front turn signals and the side turn signals are the same. the grille on the 95-96 mounts to the re-bar bracket. the 97-98 grille mounts to the headlights themselves via clips. you should be able to use your old re-bar and re-bar bracket, but im not sure, because i switched them both out. total cost per car (all from the dealership approx 3,000 dollars

**DONOTDELETE**
12-23-2001, 11:55 AM
well, lemme get a little more specific. i also used everything from the dealership.. including the re-bar, the brackets bolts. etc. clips. etc. and i meant to say that it would cost someone else that. cause it was cheap for me cause i can do all the work myself. you also need to take into account how much it costs to paint as well

Meeks32
12-24-2001, 12:11 AM
I also hear that you can get a discount from Courtsey nissan(sp?) if you are a member at 240.org. I forget what the discount is, 10-20%? so that could also save you some money for the smaller things, hood & fenders would cost too much to ship.

**DONOTDELETE**
12-24-2001, 12:46 AM
do you have to change the core support?? or are they the same?

thanx
-Ryan

240sxer
12-24-2001, 01:36 PM
how much is it for the lights?? i remeber seeing them for like 800.. but i dotn recal.. if it does cost 3000 u might as well do a s15 swap....

**DONOTDELETE**
12-24-2001, 05:14 PM
Guys, PLEASE do a search on this topic. It has been beat to death. I posted all the part numbers and prices not too long ago, so everything is already here.