PDA

View Full Version : Greddy E-manage + e-01 ?

DrNoVaScotia
12-28-2004, 06:12 PM
Hey all

Just picked up a s13 with a sr in her. Engine is just rebuilt, not even broken in. The car is equipped with the e-manage system, however not tuned.
I was lookin up online and saw the E-01. I need a boost controller, which a good one is $300, this thing does that, as well as does e-manage programming. This would mean I wouldn't need my laptop, which would save me the fee for the software and harness . .

So, sounds like an excellent deal, 2 boost levels, data logger and boost controller and tuning all in one.

Has anyone done this ? reccommend it ? any thoughts ? How hard is it to tune ? Keep in mind the car hasen't been tuned at all, runs rich.

Thanks

Dr.

Hugh
12-28-2004, 07:27 PM
You will need all the little harnesses installed to take advantage of the tuning... be sure you have them (the injector harness, and some other thing to go between the E01 and the Emanage)

My friend had it. It worked fine... with a wideband on board for tuning. Not difficult at all to tune the fuel... BUT, the idle control was for crap. It stalled a lot and couldn't be fixed like with the SAFC. (has options to adjust this, but they don't seem to work much)

Other major complaint about Emanage: Timing map is a correction map, not a true map. This means you have to know what the timing is at, and then you can make an adjustment of a couple degrees or whatnot... On any full computer, you can see the actual timing and adjust that.

Also note: Emanage does not play nice with ROM Tuned ECU's. I've seen it several times.

turboslut
12-29-2004, 09:18 PM
I have a new in box one that I am willing to sell.