PDA

View Full Version : What can I steal from S14 for an S13?

knate
12-29-2004, 10:58 PM
I bought a 95 S14, and I'm probably only going to keep it around for a few months as a daily driver, and send it down the road. It's already in a little bit sad shape, front end dented/straightened, air bags were deployed then roughly patched up.

It's got a really nice Sparco wheel I want to swap with, S14 and S13 steering shafts compatible? I am also taking the rear seatbelts and seats. Anything else I should look into? Brakes?

Thx247
12-29-2004, 11:12 PM
motor

knate
12-29-2004, 11:59 PM
motor

No thanks, I've got that end covered. http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

http://members.cox.net/knate/turbo/engineafter.jpg

Chins180sx
12-30-2004, 12:23 AM
LOL you can still take the S14 engine and sell it for a good chunk of change! UUmm seat belts, seats, LCA, 5 lug if it is. wheels. Dunno basic stuffs. stip it and sell it.

knate
12-30-2004, 12:48 AM
This isn't a junked car, it's going to be my daily driver. Lower control arms? What for?

Vapor
12-30-2004, 08:17 AM
5 lug

Chins180sx
12-30-2004, 01:59 PM
LCA's are good because you can get more steering angle out of them on an S13. but the problem is you have to change ball joints from the S13 into the S14 LCA. or you can buy battler versions LCA DIY kit for the S13. This really only affects you if you drift. I Dunno if you do though.

NOSTALGIC_HERO
12-30-2004, 05:11 PM
steal the brake booster and the brake booster vacline

makes S13 look nicer.

dan240t
12-30-2004, 07:39 PM
PS reservoir is cleaner looking on the S14, grab that (plus easier to see the fluid level).

Coolant overflow tank is nicer too, obviously not as old and cracked as many s13 tanks are...easier to put in fenderwell or hide, frees up space from the s13 tank for extra goodies or just cleaner look.

cwdmark
12-30-2004, 07:57 PM
motor

No thanks, I've got that end covered. http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

http://members.cox.net/knate/turbo/engineafter.jpg

sorry im off topic, but where did you get that radiator cooling panel?

knate
12-30-2004, 10:22 PM
5 lug

Unfortunately it's a 4-lug.

LCA's are good because you can get more steering angle out of them on an S13. but the problem is you have to change ball joints from the S13 into the S14 LCA. or you can buy battler versions LCA DIY kit for the S13. This really only affects you if you drift. I Dunno if you do though.

Good to know, but don't know if it's worth the work. I've only done one drift event, and now that I'm in the NW there really isn't any. Next year it will be an open lapping track car.

makes S13 look nicer.

The car is an automatic, and I believe that means it has a bigger booster. How much would that affect it? Any downsides like touchy brakes?

PS reservoir is cleaner looking on the S14, grab that (plus easier to see the fluid level).

Coolant overflow tank is nicer too, obviously not as old and cracked as many s13 tanks are...easier to put in fenderwell or hide, frees up space from the s13 tank for extra goodies or just cleaner look.

Good ideas, I'll have to swap with those.

sorry im off topic, but where did you get that radiator cooling panel?

Enjuku Racing. The logo is hidden by the glare in the picture.
http://www.srparts.com/images/cps13180-s.jpg

Kim_Jong_Il
12-31-2004, 12:14 AM

makes S13 look nicer.

No no, make your own brake boost vac line, much cleaner looking and better than the damn 10-piece OE line. My OE line blew apart several times in my S13. Now I just run one large vaccum line (with the one way valve in place).

a2low240
12-31-2004, 02:07 AM
Seat Belts.

knate
12-31-2004, 04:15 AM
Seat Belts.

Yup, already on it. Rear seat belts are the same as the front, so I'll be taking those and replacing my auto belts. Keep em coming guys.

bosozoku
12-31-2004, 06:11 AM
OR, you could do the logical thing and pilfer the Spindle/LCA while you at it and remove them as a whole.

Perhaps, i'm mis-guided but i never in the 3.5 years or so i have been on here have I heard that S14 LCA/Spindle was "drifters choice." Granted i knew they extended further than s13, and added i believe (-7mm on offset, i think?) Perhaps you could eloborate and justify your claims?

Knate, if its still around go ahead and take the Spindle+Hub+LCA. At a later time i'm sure you could pick up a 5 lug hub and simply place it over, or Dealer or whatever. Maybe even get lucky and split a 5 lug setup w/ someone.

Best of luck, and happy hunting.

Psstt, im looking for zenki (s13) fenders.Clean....

knate
12-31-2004, 06:36 AM
OR, you could do the logical thing and pilfer the Spindle/LCA while you at it and remove them as a whole.

Now, this car is going to be a daily driver, so would it be possible to swap the S13 stuff into the S14 if I do this?

bosozoku
12-31-2004, 03:00 PM
Hmm, didn't read the whole thread before posting.

So you want the s14 to remain streeteable? Well i have never heard of anyone placing s13 LCA/Spindle on an s14. Your just going to have to be the guinea pig, but are holes on the Lca large enough to accept the the Sway, Tc rods? and will the Lca bracket line up? uhh i guess your better leaving the S14 parts alone, or i guess you could search, and keep your fingers crossed?

bosozoku
12-31-2004, 03:12 PM
Linky (http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB9&Number=131326&Forum=U BB9&Words=s13%20LCA%20&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searc hpage=0&Limit=100&Old=allposts&Main=131321&Search= true#Post131326)
Best I could conjure up. NOthing definitive, but some insight, assumptions intergrated with diagrams of the wwo side by side.

Again, best of luck.

Psstt. any word on those fenders?

RDM_II
12-31-2004, 04:15 PM
S13 parts will swap over just like the S14 stuff, but the alignment setting will be worse off and harder to correct. Not worth it unless you just needed the car to roll. Driving it will chew tires apart quickly.

okashira
12-31-2004, 07:43 PM
Is it ABS?

knate
01-02-2005, 02:23 AM
S13 parts will swap over just like the S14 stuff, but the alignment setting will be worse off and harder to correct. Not worth it unless you just needed the car to roll. Driving it will chew tires apart quickly.

Thanks, I'll probably just leave that part alone then.

I forget, is Zenki the 89-90 fenders? Should I have some to give away?

no abs.

bosozoku
01-02-2005, 02:52 AM
Indeed, my new acquired friend. I was looking at the Fast system (finally got it to work) and both zenki (89-90) Chuki (91-94) fenders had the same part number. To be honest with you its been a long time since I've gone to a meet or two (Girls..) so i can't remember if they are interchangeable. Maybe someone can clarify that.

But just to remain safe, yes 89-90, please. Clean no dents/dings. http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Edit; they do, so any year s13 fenders will do so long as they are in great condition.

knate
01-03-2005, 02:54 AM
I won't have any spare fenders until I put on the Silvia face in a few months. I'm in the Northwest, where are you at?

bosozoku
01-04-2005, 03:46 AM
hahaha, so cal. Few months works for me, i don't plan on doing my body work for quite some time.

I won't have any spare fenders until I put on the Silvia face in a few months. I'm in the Northwest, where are you at?