PDA

View Full Version : Automobile Mag 2006 M45 pics

SilverGTS
01-01-2005, 06:39 PM
Pics here (http://automobilemag.com/photo_gallery/sedans/0502_infiniti_m45/index.html)

laraidah
01-01-2005, 07:56 PM
nice pix. side view of the new M looks almost like a 5 series. that new STS looks pretty bad ass. i'll be able to afford one in about never. '04 M will just have to do http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

happy new year, all.

auntulna
01-02-2005, 12:15 PM
So, Infiniti decided "If you can't beat em, join em". I mean that the M looks like the G, just like BMW 5 looks like the 3. And all Lexi look alike. They're all good cars, but harder to tell the difference among them, and maybe boring to look at? That's another reason why I like my 03 M45- it is unique! You have to admit that Detroit in the 50-60s kept the changes coming, and that's why so many of us can memorize all those models. Se la vie.

SilverGTS
01-03-2005, 12:12 AM
maybe boring to look at?

I was thinking it look a bit plain and boring as well; disappointing considering the concept's that introduced it.

MOMO831
01-03-2005, 07:59 AM
So, Infiniti decided "If you can't beat em, join em". I mean that the M looks like the G, just like BMW 5 looks like the 3. And all Lexi look alike. They're all good cars, but harder to tell the difference among them, and maybe boring to look at? That's another reason why I like my 03 M45- it is unique! You have to admit that Detroit in the 50-60s kept the changes coming, and that's why so many of us can memorize all those models. Se la vie.

It sure helps in the sales department. Don't forget that prior to the intoduction of G35, hardly anyone gave a squat about 'Infinti'. Sales and resales were ghastly.

Infiniti is now trying to build on the momentum of the G, I can't blame them. They are finally out of the red and building products that people actually would want to own.

If you want 'uniqueness', you have the right car.

Pedro45
01-03-2005, 10:18 AM
Yes, the current M is very unique. So unique that nobody decided to buy it. I wish I liked uniqueness like that...would save me thousands of dollars on my next car purchase. Poor old me...I like cars that are hot sellers with generally accepted design elements and features.

Infiniti was so happy with being unique, they decided to completely redesign the M almost immediately after it first came out. What fools, trying to sell cars rather than remain "unique."

RUPZ
01-03-2005, 10:30 AM
maybe boring to look at?

I was thinking it look a bit plain and boring as well; disappointing considering the concept's that introduced it.

i think its just that we've seen so many pics of the m45 that the novelty/wow factor has worn off...its still a really nice looking car

dfw_danny
01-03-2005, 10:48 AM
Yes, the current M is very unique. So unique that nobody decided to buy it. I wish I liked uniqueness like that...would save me thousands of dollars on my next car purchase. Poor old me...I like cars that are hot sellers with generally accepted design elements and features.

Infiniti was so happy with being unique, they decided to completely redesign the M almost immediately after it first came out. What fools, trying to sell cars rather than remain "unique."

Pedro you are uninformed on the M. We knew when the car was brought to the US that it was in the last 2 years of its life. It had been sold in Japan for several years and was brought here to have a car in the 40K range. It was an old design which had nothing to do with being unique just outdated from day one!

Pedro45
01-03-2005, 11:20 AM
My mistake. I suspect others were unaware of Infiniti's "strategy" with the current M.I am relieved to learn the facts, however. I wondered how the same company who would be so bold with the 2 G-35's and FX's would come to market with such a poor design. You must admit the prospects for high sales of the current M were poor from the beginning.

I am glad to hear the current M was not presented in this country as a true competitor in its class. The new one, however, should compete VERY well.

dfw_danny
01-03-2005, 11:23 AM
My mistake. I suspect others were unaware of Infiniti's "strategy" with the current M.I am relieved to learn the facts, however. I wondered how the same company who would be so bold with the 2 G-35's and FX's would come to market with such a poor design. You must admit the prospects for high sales of the current M were poor from the beginning.

I am glad to hear the current M was not presented in this country as a true competitor in its class. The new one, however, should compete VERY well.

Infiniti never had very high expectations for the old M but they have extremely high expectations for the new M...24,000 a year!