PDA

View Full Version : 510 fuel neck filler tube

Demon
01-02-2005, 10:20 AM
Im just getting started on a new 71 4door and am just trying to get the damn thing running. This thing is bone stock with 64k original miles, but hasnt been started in 10 ears. Well I cleaned out the old fuel (only took a couple of minutes since it was all evaporated) then added some new fuel. Tried to start it with some starting fluid to get the new fuel going in the lines and it starts up no problem. Well the new fuel didnt go down the line from the fuel tank and it turns out that there were some major discrepancies with the fuel line and rubber fuel neck filler tube. I was wondering if anyone had a spare they wanted to part with (I will pay or trade of course). Its the rubber part closer to the fuel tank, not the one connecting from the fuel filler inlet at the fuel tank door.

canyoncarver
01-02-2005, 12:06 PM
I have this/these. What are they worth to you? I'm in SoCal.

I would really pull the tank and clean it out. check all of the rubber lines, and if the fuel pump isn't working, I've seen where the little diaphragms inside get stuck from varnish. You can dis-assemble the pump (6-8 screws on top) and unstick the diaphragms.

Demon
01-02-2005, 12:45 PM
Not sure what they are worth, let's pick this up via email dennis_monares@comcast.net

Demon
01-02-2005, 08:11 PM
The diaphram was definetely stuck, thanks. But unfortunetly that didnt fix the problem. I replaced the busted out rubber line and i couldnt get any fuel to the fuel filter. No leaks anywhere. Ill just have to wait till I finalize on this house were looking at so I have a garage to work in (Yes, I live in apartment). Then the real work will begin.