PDA

View Full Version : s13 wheel spacers & studs

cwdmark
01-09-2005, 09:53 PM
i dropped my car a tad more on the d2 coilovers, and now the tires are rubbing in the front on the stock wheels. i guess this is pretty common when you drop it too much.

low offset wheels are out of the question for now, so i've decided to do spacers/studs until i come across a nice set of rims.

which spacers/studs are the best and which size should i get to fit?

spacers
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=TRD%2D7106&N=120+400158+301909
these will most likely solve my rubbing problems and will probably work on stock wheel studs, but anyone know of any bigger spacers? (1"?)

studs
moroso - http://store.summitracing.com/eproduct.asp?N=120+400105+303533
arp - http://store.summitracing.com/eproduct.asp?N=120+400295+300117

----- which part number would i need to fit s13??? they have about 10 or so different sizes and im not sure what to get. if i get bigger spacers than .25" i will need some type of studs that are long enough.

cwdmark
01-09-2005, 09:54 PM
btw, i like summit just about as much as you guys do but i live about 30 minutes from their headquarters, and hate waiting http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Kookz
01-09-2005, 10:00 PM
Not sure how you think spacers are going to alleviate the rubbing, they won't.

cwdmark
01-09-2005, 10:18 PM
why do you think its rubbing then?

Kookz
01-09-2005, 11:11 PM
Might have a little to do with you lowereing the car. You need to bang the pinched seam at the top of the wheel well flat. Take off the wheel, look directly above the middle of the wheel on the top of the wheelwell, and bang with a BFH.

cwdmark
01-09-2005, 11:39 PM
BFH?

edit: ahhh... big f'n hammer haha. thanks, i'll do that first thing in the morning, that makes some sense.

Pwerdr
01-10-2005, 03:26 AM
Phase 2 Motortrend has some studs will will fit in the rear with the correct thread pitch and knurl diameter. I think Nismo has some too, but the ones that Phase 2 sells is cheaper. I think the ones they sell are 20mm longer and they are made in Japan.

D_Money
01-10-2005, 07:44 AM
If you want to go with the ARP studs the part number is 100-7708. They work fine with s13 front and rear, and s14 rear only. IIRC they are 65mm long?

cwdmark
01-10-2005, 08:51 AM
If you want to go with the ARP studs the part number is 100-7708. They work fine with s13 front and rear, and s14 rear only. IIRC they are 65mm long?

thanks so much, just what i needed. arp is really the only name i trust.

Might have a little to do with you lowereing the car. You need to bang the pinched seam at the top of the wheel well flat. Take off the wheel, look directly above the middle of the wheel on the top of the wheelwell, and bang with a BFH.

anyone else have this problem with dropped cars? i've never heard of it. just think its interesting.

also anyone know where to get spacers that are around 10mm? the only ones i found are the ones with the studs that come along with the spacers. i just wanted the spacers (cast?). --- or should i just get two of these .25" spacers and put them together?

RDM_II
01-10-2005, 09:46 AM
Phase 2 Motortrend has some studs will will fit in the rear with the correct thread pitch and knurl diameter. I think Nismo has some too, but the ones that Phase 2 sells is cheaper. I think the ones they sell are 20mm longer and they are made in Japan.

And another advertising pitch for Peak Performance. You 'think' or you know because they're your products?

FYI, Nismo studs are made in Japan too smart guy, and there's still no proof that Japan made parts are far more superior than US made parts. Get off the high horse.

cwdmark
01-10-2005, 12:40 PM
anyone know anything about peak performance? i seen their studs but haven't heard absolutely anything about them. the only thing i know is that ARP has "190,000 psi tensile strength rating". they are the only ones with the numbers to back up their product.

btw:::: tires were rubbing against the inner mudguards. if you drop you car more than 2" you MUST remove them (or parts of them as i did).

STOCK 91 SE WHEELS CLEAR D2 COILOVERS COMPLETELY. there have been lots of talk about having to have 5mm spacers but that's just B.S.

it's close but it clears. this is with 205/60/15 6" +40.

http://northeastnissans.com/240sx/d2stockwheels.jpg

cosmoworks
01-10-2005, 01:48 PM
The arp part number you want for your S13 is the 100-7708. They'll be approximately 21-22mm longer than your stock studs, and you'll need new lug nuts.

-Cosmo

Pwerdr
01-10-2005, 02:27 PM
And another advertising pitch for Peak Performance. You 'think' or you know because they're your products?

FYI, Nismo studs are made in Japan too smart guy, and there's still no proof that Japan made parts are far more superior than US made parts. Get off the high horse.

This not a sales pitch. Why would someone want to buy studs from ARP with the wrong thread pitch and then have to buy new lug nuts? I think that lots of people have locks on their wheels, so they will have to buy new locks also.

If you are looking for a longer stud with a stock nissan thread pitch of 12x1.25, then there are two alternatives. The Nismo ones and the Peak ones, if there are others, please let me know. I am not saying that Japanese stuff is better, I am merely stating that both pieces are made in Japan. Nor did I claim that the made in Japan stuff is better than American made parts. If ARP had a stud that fit the S13, I would have mentioned that also, since their parts are excellent. For those that may want the ARPs, they jobber at $14 for 5 studs, yes they are a good price, but not a stock replacement. Just be aware so that you know what you are getting yourself into. By the way, those ARP studs will not fit the front of the S14, since the S14 has a different knurl diameter. They will fit the S14 rears tho.

bosozoku
01-10-2005, 05:16 PM
anyone know anything about peak performance? i seen their studs but haven't heard absolutely anything about them. the only thing i know is that ARP has "190,000 psi tensile strength rating". they are the only ones with the numbers to back up their product.

btw:::: tires were rubbing against the inner mudguards. if you drop you car more than 2" you MUST remove them (or parts of them as i did).

STOCK 91 SE WHEELS CLEAR D2 COILOVERS COMPLETELY. there have been lots of talk about having to have 5mm spacers but that's just B.S.

it's close but it clears. this is with 205/60/15 6" +40.

http://northeastnissans.com/240sx/d2stockwheels.jpg

Not true, KTS w/ 205/60/15 rubber on Chuki Se's with atleast a 3-4 inch drop with Wheel well covers still intact.

You just need to get creative, the reason i did that was becuase the wire harness is exposed and and my car is low enough where the wheel can chew that thing, i have this ducting for it just havent placed it.

Oh yeah, my fenders are more of a problem than the covers, i have blurple paint on my tire sidewalls.