PDA

View Full Version : 2006 M taillights arent nearly as bad in person

hans007
01-15-2005, 10:34 PM
just got back from the LA autoshow. the taillights arent nearly as bad looking in person.

they actually look pretty good. that car is hot. the infiniti guy was saying, it kills the RL and he's right. people were sitting in it , even families trying to see if it was bigger inside than their g35 sedans. and the trunk is huge! one guy said something like you could probably fir like 3-4 people in there.

anyhow, other interesting thing is the infiniti spokesman told me i should do what i have to do to get back my money from infiniti regarding the vlsd issue on 05 coupes. haha, he said it was outright fraud.

NismoS224
01-16-2005, 03:10 AM
I just came back from the LA auto show. I donít have much to say about the car. It does not amaze me nor is it an eye catcher or distinctive from anything else on the road. I saw the Lexus GS and I must say the GS is a much better looking car. Please do not flame me because I chose the GS over the M. I am just giving you guys my honest opinion based on what I saw and how I felt along with my 4 of my friends who were with me. I have no doubt the M is a great performer however I still feel as though it will not sell close to the numbers the GS will sell simply for the fact of styling and the Lexus nameplate. Infiniti has a long way to go. The Infiniti display only had a few people were as the Lexus display was packed. Infiniti needs to come out with ground breaking designs just like Audi did a few years back.

fatddyslam69
01-16-2005, 03:46 AM
are you kidding me? I went to the LA Auto Show and the INFINITI display had more people than Audi bar none and about the same amount, at certain times, as Lexus (partly because Lexus had fewer cars) but i must say that Infiniti/Nissan were pretty damn packed. And contrary to what you beleve, i think the M looks A LOT better than the GS...interior as well as the exterior. I guess just a difference in opinion! http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

miata007
01-16-2005, 02:24 PM
I don't know about the inside when compare to M35/45, but the exterior of the GS is just plain ugly. It's got no style at all. The car body seems fat and there are too many lights on the rear. I can't believe someone actually like the GS over the M35/45.

hans007
01-17-2005, 01:11 AM
yeah the gs looked pretty boring. the front headlight design seemed kinda ford zx2 like. which is not a good thing.

futureXterra
01-17-2005, 11:09 AM
Looking at the numbers for both vehicles, ultimately, I would take either one. Neither of them offers breath-taking exterior style, but they both have their admirable qualities.

As far as driving performance and technology (fully loaded anyway), I think I'd take the M, but if I wanted a more posh, quiet ride--without have to drown everything out with the *freakin awesome* sound system of the M)--I'd take the GS.

I think after Infiniti has had a year to work out all the likely bugs and customer gripes from the new M, Lexus, BMW, Audi and all other competitors will be put on SERIOUS notice...and at that point, I think I'd unquestionably take an M over a GS.

SukairainKupe
01-17-2005, 11:56 AM
IMO the M styling is much better than the GS from the front and side, but the GS rear treatment is more smooth than the M. Overall I'd take the M over the GS any day. The only thing that will save the Lexus is its badge and hybrid technology.