PDA

View Full Version : s14 sr turbo....

**DONOTDELETE**
12-26-2001, 01:29 PM
this ebay ad http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=599593766 claims to be for a n s14 turbo , but i thought s14s had t28's? what is the diff any ways , just com wheel? and also , ben at jwt , tells me that if i want to upgrade to 550 cc inj that i need to by there fuel rail , is this true ???

blacksr
12-26-2001, 01:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR> if i want to upgrade to 550 cc inj i need to by there fuel rail , is this true ??? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
yes, if you plan to use their injectors. however there are companies that make drop-in injectors...

[ 12-26-2001: Message edited by: blacksr ]

Mark slide squad
12-26-2001, 01:37 PM
That turbo is NOT from an S14 even though the seller says it is. SR20's never came with anything but Garrett turbos. Take a look at the exhaust outlet of the turbo, that is NOTHING close to the design of the stock SR20DET o2 housing. I would stay away from that turbo, it is probably from an old toyota or early Z31 turbo or something, but definetly not an S14 turbo.
JWT strikes again. Ben at JWT has told you a lie, so they can sell you their expensive fuel rail. They sell top feed MSD 50# injectors, and yes for those injectors you will need a new fuel rail, thats why they sell the custom rail as a package deal with the injectors. Trust me, fuel rails are cheap to make, you can buy an extrusion of aluminum in the exact shape of the fuel rail, all you have to do is machine your own holes for the injectors and FPR. I was with a company that made them, and they probably cost the company like $4 each to make, and they sold them for over $150. You can get side feed injectors that fit right into your stock fuel rail, plenty of places sell them. Blitz sells them for a good price. Don't waste your time with JWT, they just wanna make a quick buck.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by siksilvia:
this ebay ad http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=599593766 claims to be for a n s14 turbo , but i thought s14s had t28's? what is the diff any ways , just com wheel? and also , ben at jwt , tells me that if i want to upgrade to 550 cc inj that i need to by there fuel rail , is this true ???<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

**DONOTDELETE**
12-26-2001, 02:07 PM
thanks mark you alway help me when i need you most ! would you know where i could come across a set of thess blitz injectors ???

**DONOTDELETE**
12-26-2001, 02:15 PM
Turbo looks like an old CT26 from a MkIII Supra, but not sure. Definitely not an SR. For a fuel rail, check with unstable-hybrids.com, they made me a nice topfeed rail, very similar to the JWT but cost less.

Mark slide squad
12-26-2001, 02:18 PM
Hey no problem ! Always glad to help. If you wanna get some Blitz injectors, my friend Wayne can probably get you some, he deals with Blitz. Go to his website...
http://www.phase2motortrend.com/

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by siksilvia:
thanks mark you alway help me when i need you most ! would you know where i could come across a set of thess blitz injectors ???<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

blacksr
12-26-2001, 02:49 PM
nah, wayne will recommend you don't get blitz injectors because of fitment problems. try sard, nismo, or apexi

blacksr
12-26-2001, 02:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Don't waste your time with JWT, they just wanna make a quick buck. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
dude i think you need to calm down. there is nothing wrong with profiting for merchandise/services. why are you ragging on jwt for that? if there is something they have done besides attempt to make a living (which, as i recall, you have done as well) i'd be glad to hear it. please tell us where you can get me a fuel rail for $4 or whatever cost is...

Mark slide squad
12-26-2001, 03:13 PM
Who is the one who should calm down here? I just can't understand why everyone thinks that the sun shines out of JWT's A$S haha. I have had nothing but problems with those guys, and so have my friends. The reason why I was "ragging" on them was because they are lying to people to try to make money, telling them that they can only use 550cc injectors IF you use the JWT rail. Those guys know damn well right that you can buy drop in injectors for the stock fuel rail and they work fine. I am not going to lie to someone if there is another method or form of parts on the market that they can use. JWT just tries to monopolize the nissan market, and its just not good business practice to lie to customers to get business. I can't see how you can defend them for that. Like I have ALWAYS said, the reason why I am trying to get the ROM tuning off the ground, is to give people an option other than JWT. You can say my prices are too high, but hey, its still cheaper than JWT by far. Saying that "they are just trying to make a living" is one thing, but when they try to lie to people to make money, thats called swindeling. It just shows how their business practices are run over there. Next thing they will claim is that there is no such thing as direct fire on the SR20 hahaha... which they told me is IMPOSSIBLE to do on a U.S 240sx when I was going to do my SR swap 4 years ago. Well I guess I proved them wrong.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by blacksr:

dude i think you need to calm down. there is nothing wrong with profiting for merchandise/services. why are you ragging on jwt for that? if there is something they have done besides attempt to make a living (which, as i recall, you have done as well) i'd be glad to hear it. please tell us where you can get me a fuel rail for $4 or whatever cost is...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[ 12-26-2001: Message edited by: Mark slide squad ]

**DONOTDELETE**
12-26-2001, 03:14 PM
whoa , i think you guys need to ease up on mark. when i did my first swap 4 yrs ago no body but mark would take any time out of there day to help me ,and mark not only helped me , but he sold me parts that i need at a phat price. and he is right , ben didnt explain to me that i could other brands , he just said that i would need a new fuel rail, which is not true. at least mark told us he was getting clone ecus , and not real mines!and he really didnt have to say anything except that he could get ecu's at a nice price!!with all the people out here tring to rip everybody off , we need more people like mark !