PDA

View Full Version : S14SR into S14 swap ?'s

Jimm
01-19-2005, 02:39 AM
Alright, I have a friend that is currently swapping his S14, S14 SR20DET into an Auto 95' 240sx. I decided I'd be a nice guy and help him with the wiring aspect of his swap. I am aware of the F4-SR plug needing to be repinned to line up properly with the M63 240sx harness. I pulled some pinouts from the archives and repinned the F4 plug accordingly. I have a few minor questions about that plug, and I will ask those later. But what I am really needing to know is what other plugs need to be re-pinned or chopped off and replaced with KA plugs? if any? (I am guessing that there is something to do at the plugs by the engine bay fuse box, or does everything plug in and line up?) I know I will need to extend some plug/s but that is straight forward. I would also appreciate any other info as to what needs to be done to make this swap a success, and to retain as much factory goodness as possible. I.E. AC wiring info, etc. Hope that all made sense, cus I am tired. Thanx for your help in advance.

I appologize for the broad question, but I don't have the car in front of me, and haven't gotten a real good look at how everything lines up. I did search, sorry if my searching skills aren't up to par and I missed something obvious. Thanx again, Good night.

RDM_II
01-19-2005, 09:20 AM
There is no wiring done in the fusebox. Everything that needs repinning/splicing is done at F3.
Use the SR's lower harness, it plugs in, but you'll need to add wiring for the reverse lights.
It's a very simple install.

chunk
01-19-2005, 09:48 AM
nvm

Jimm
01-19-2005, 11:45 AM
Cool, thanx for the reply, sounds like most of the wiring is done then. The plug you are calling F3 is on the KA engine harness? it plugs into the M63 plug on the 240sx chassis? and is labelled F4 for the SR engine harness but is basically the same plug as F3 cus it plugs in, all I did was re-pin the F4 plug to look like the F3 plug, does this all sound right? Thanx again.

RDM_II
01-19-2005, 01:44 PM
Yes. I forget the numbers but it's either F3 and M62 or F4 and M63, whatever the main plug behind the ECU is. Your wipers and cruise go through it as well. I've always called it F3 for some reason.

Jimm
01-19-2005, 07:46 PM
Yeah I looked in both FSM's, and for the US S14 it is F3->M63, and for the JDM S14 it is F4->M60

turbotypeR
01-19-2005, 08:54 PM
you need to rewire the wipers.use the sr wiper amplifier and harness.rewire it color for color.switch the pins on the wiper motor to match that of the 240 plug.

RDM_II
01-19-2005, 09:21 PM
you need to rewire the wipers.use the sr wiper amplifier and harness.rewire it color for color.switch the pins on the wiper motor to match that of the 240 plug.

No need. Using the KA wiper amp and motor wiring you can build a subharness. Plus most JDM wiper amps won't have variable intermittent function.

HIGHMILEHATCH
01-20-2005, 12:00 AM
I used the KA wiper amplifier and motor obviously. I just had to re-arrange a few wires in the plug. If you look at the FSM of both the KA and S14 SR you'll see what I mean.

Jimm
01-20-2005, 02:08 AM
Alright, now back to the F4->M63 wiring

I found these two pinouts in another members thread when i searched the other day, and used them to re-pin the plug

This is the pinout of the sr f4 plug
http://www.dragva.com/eng/F4.html

This is the pinout of the ka m63
http://www.dragva.com/eng/M63.html

Now the only wire I am left wondering whether I need to connect is the Black/Yellow wire from pin 31 of the F4 plug (IACV-AAC Power), and if it is needed to be hooked up, should it line up with pin 10 of the M63 plug which lists a Black/Yellow (IACV-Air Regulator)?

RDM_II
01-20-2005, 10:14 AM
Yes. The black/yellow is actually the output for the fuel pump, but it powers the IACV as well.

Jimm
01-20-2005, 10:30 AM
But there is another Black/yellow wire from pin 22 of the SR F4 plug (Fuel Pump (FPR)), and I have that one hooked up to the Black/Pink of the M63 plug, which is labelled the same (Fuel Pump (FPR))

So I need to hook up that IACV Black/Yellow wire as well?

RDM_II
01-20-2005, 10:41 AM
Black/pink is the feed to the fuel pump relay, it should match with a black/pink at the ECU.

**I just double checked from that page, it appears there's two black/yellow (it's been a while since my last S14 SR wire), tie them together.**

Jimm
01-20-2005, 09:48 PM
Thats cool, thanx for all of your help with this

turbotypeR
01-20-2005, 09:54 PM
[/QUOTE]
No need. Using the KA wiper amp and motor wiring you can build a subharness. Plus most JDM wiper amps won't have variable intermittent function.

[/QUOTE]

sorry,i meant to say ka amplifier,not sr.i edited the post