PDA

View Full Version : SR20VET, (S16)

Super13
12-26-2001, 09:09 PM
anyone know when this motor will be runnin around the import motor market??? and does anyone see this motor as viable for running over a bar of boost to about two bars maybe??? anyone know the workings of the one comming in the new S16?

JonCarson
12-26-2001, 11:15 PM
Next Silvia may actually be called V16 since it'll very likely be based off of the XVL chassis.

Reports in Japan specify that the SR20VET will be the OE engine.

PS rating is 280.

That's about all I know.

Jonathan

**DONOTDELETE**
12-27-2001, 12:20 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by carsonjon:
Next Silvia may actually be called V16 since it'll very likely be based off of the XVL chassis.

Reports in Japan specify that the SR20VET will be the OE engine.

PS rating is 280.

That's about all I know.

Jonathan<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds expensive http://www.freshalloy.com/

mrmephistopheles
12-27-2001, 04:53 AM
Actually, seeing as how Nissan is consolidating it's chassis' to save money and the XVL is one of the ideas, the cost ought to NOT be too bad. The SR20VET is still going to be mostly the SR20DET we know with a few changers to give it the variable timing it uses to make the extra HP. Maybe I'm talking out of my ass, but that's what it'd seem to me.

Kevin

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Justin:
Sounds expensive http://www.freshalloy.com/<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

import silvia
12-27-2001, 07:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mrmephistopheles:
Actually, seeing as how Nissan is consolidating it's chassis' to save money and the XVL is one of the ideas, the cost ought to NOT be too bad. The SR20VET is still going to be mostly the SR20DET we know with a few changers to give it the variable timing it uses to make the extra HP. Maybe I'm talking out of my ass, but that's what it'd seem to me.

Kevin

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right, sounds expensive.

JonCarson
12-28-2001, 12:39 AM
I got you, Kevin.

BensonLovesDrifting
12-28-2001, 12:50 AM
whats the xvl chassis?

JonCarson
12-28-2001, 05:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SileightyManiaSPL:
whats the xvl chassis?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The same base chassis that's being used in the new Z-car and Skyline.

**DONOTDELETE**
12-28-2001, 05:41 PM
Wouldn't the XVL chassis be a little heavy though?

mrmephistopheles
12-28-2001, 08:40 PM
For what reason would that be?
Kevin

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Antwanio:
Wouldn't the XVL chassis be a little heavy though?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

nismo604
12-28-2001, 08:47 PM
ps rating of 280, I doubt that they will bring it over here, if that were so it would kill the Z Car.

BioSehnsucht
12-28-2001, 10:29 PM
XVL is what the concept car was called, but it was the base for the new platform that the (four door) Skyline V35 / Infiniti G35, GT-R, 350Z, and now apparently the Silvia (V16 as opposed to S16).

The concept car was just a made up car to build on the platform for testing / show off purposes. The 'XVL Concept Car' isn't going to be any particular car, but several continuations of well known product lines are going to use it as their platform, from lightweight FR, to high powered FR, to high powered AWD, and also the 4-door Skyline / G35 sedan..