PDA

View Full Version : Revhard with an External Wastegate

95_240
12-27-2001, 06:38 AM
Does anyone know what kind of wastegate flange fits on a revhard manifold. I was looking at Tial 35mm and 40mm's, and they looked like they had different flanges on them.

PSI240SX
12-27-2001, 06:42 AM
I run a tial 35mm wastegate on my piece of crap revhard manifold. Wastegate is great, manifold is garbage that cracks, and cracks again after you weld it. Don't run a turbonetics deltagate either, go with the Tial.

duncan351
12-27-2001, 06:53 AM
One Solution to preventing the manifold from cracking is make a bracket. Weld it to the manifold and find a bolt whole on the block to bolt the other side of the bracket to.

That's a lot of weight and heat on that manfold. It really could use some help.

That's what I'm doing to prevent the manifold from cracking.

PSI240SX
12-27-2001, 06:58 AM
Not to make an argument or anything, but the damn thing is made out of cast iron right? It shouldn't crack. It should be made better, with heavier gauge metal. And Revhard should be happy to replace it (which their not) when it breaks.

mike2016
12-27-2001, 07:04 AM
will thermalcoating the rev hard manifold help it from cracking? on Nsport's website they say cast iron will not crack but their kit is using the rev hard crap right??

PSI240SX
12-27-2001, 07:14 AM
I have been told that coating it will help, but I think coating is like $150, plus $450 for the manny, why not get one custom made for cheaper locally, and have somewhere you could goto directly if it breaks instead of calling revhard 7 times a day for 3 weeks just to get ahold of someone once, and to never hear from them again when they say they'll call you back. (disgruntled)

**DONOTDELETE**
12-27-2001, 07:54 AM
What about shot peening the manifold? That process is used for connecting rods. Maybe even grind down and smooth areas known to crack as well. Just a thought.

-Royce

d240t2
12-27-2001, 08:26 AM
The real solution is to separate the head flange into 4 pieces and enlarge the outer bolt holes. This will give the manifold the flexibility to expand under heat. All this is explained in Maximum Boost by Corky Bell, which you all should have if you are involved in a turbo project.

We enlarged all the bolt holes on my manifold, to make it easier to install without stripping studs.

Dennis

95_240
12-27-2001, 11:48 AM
Is there anyother good manifolds out there for S14's. Ive got a friend whose dad owns a machine shop and they are starting to make manifold for a shop in florida. Im probably going to have them just make me a manifold, but if there is enough interest in one, maybe I can talk them into selling them. They guarantee all their manifolds against cracking. Is any one interested in that?

12-27-2001, 03:56 PM
The RevHard Manifold is designed for the Turbonetics Deltagate style of wastegate. Same flange as the TiAL 35mm .

Asad

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ryan Waiz:
Does anyone know what kind of wastegate flange fits on a revhard manifold. I was looking at Tial 35mm and 40mm's, and they looked like they had different flanges on them.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ADAM HUTCHINSON
12-27-2001, 08:09 PM
yes..shotpeening and cleaning the welds will help greatly..that would be a very good step in stopping the cracks

12-28-2001, 09:13 AM
The RevHard doesn't have welds. It's a one-piece casting.

Asad

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ADAM HUTCHINSON:
yes..shotpeening and cleaning the welds will help greatly..that would be a very good step in stopping the cracks<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>