PDA

View Full Version : Best place to mount MAFS for blow through?

econobox
01-29-2005, 02:40 AM
I recently sold my t3/t4 off of my s13 and purchased a GT30R, 60a/r with a 4" anti surge inlet.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v171/twincamz1320/30r.jpg

IM almost going to have to go with a blow through set-up on this thing unless i step down the inlet to meet up with my 300zx MAFS which i really dont wanna do. Are there any drawbacks to mounting the mafs on the hot or cold side? Should i take the screen out? Ive been researching this now for a few days and was just curious of any final imput and wisdom anyone had. Oh, FYI om running on a power FC and its an s13 blacktop with a 300zx mafs like i said.

Thanks!

insndrvr
01-29-2005, 07:33 AM
Since the MAF works based on mass flow of air. It is somewhat sensitive to temperature. So it shouldn't make that much of a difference on either side. Especially since you can tweak things a little if it runs differently. Main thing I would be concerned about is the BOV. If you are running on, the MAF would need to be after the BOV so when you get off throttle the air isn't being passed through the MAF.

mbmbmb23
01-29-2005, 04:26 PM
With blow thru, be careful of oil getting on the MAF sensor if your turbo starts leaking oil.

-m