PDA

View Full Version : Rear differential filler plug

BensonLovesDrifting
12-28-2001, 03:47 PM
theres the drain plug in the rear, and on the drivers side of the differential is the filler plug.

12-28-2001, 03:54 PM
Hmmm...my FSM shows the LSD has the fill plug on the driver's side, but the open diff has it on the rear cover, toward the passenger side facing rearward, about halfway up the cover.

Asad

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SileightyManiaSPL:
theres the drain plug in the rear, and on the drivers side of the differential is the filler plug.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

**DONOTDELETE**
12-28-2001, 06:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by asad137:
Hmmm...my FSM shows the LSD has the fill plug on the driver's side, but the open diff has it on the rear cover, toward the passenger side facing rearward, about halfway up the cover.

Asad

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can conccur on the LSD having the drain plug on the drivers side of the diff. as I changed the fluid a few weeks back and had a hell of a time filling it with the plug on the side. The suspensions is in the way.

The open's diff's I have seen have the plug on the rear cover.

Mike
92 LE COUPE

**DONOTDELETE**
12-28-2001, 09:00 PM
89-90 differentials, none of which were LSD afaik, have the fill plug on the driver's side. it's not too bad to get at if you have the right ratchet but it is a pain.

LanceArmstrong
12-28-2001, 11:52 PM
Thanks, I found it. I had to take off my exhaust (n1 dual) to get to it though. It was a pain in the ass.

Peter
'92 fastback, injen intake, n1 dual, front and read STB's

LanceArmstrong
12-29-2001, 12:46 AM
Where's the filler plug on a s13 rear differential? I only see the drain plug on the back at the bottom.

Thanks