PDA

View Full Version : Tell me your options on 06 M35/45

David00214
02-04-2005, 09:08 AM
I'm getting ready to trade in my 2003 G35C this April and pick up a car off the lot at Grubbs. I was wondering how many people currently have an M35/45 on order and what options they are selecting. I'm curently trying to decide between the following:

FX45 with Sheer Platinum/Premium/Tech/Chrome/Towhitch/Splashguards

M45 Sport/Tech/JourneySport/Nav/Rosewood/SplashGuards

M35 AWD/Tech/Journey/Nav/18"Chrome/SplashGuards

I surfed this forum for almost 4 months waiting for my G35 to come in, and had waited for a year before that when I first saw the concept in Motor Trend. At the time I had a 2001 Pathfinder and was thinking, "If Nissan would put this 3.5VQ in a sports car they'd really have something." Even better that they put it in the G!

BTW anyone looking for a 2003 G35C loaded 6MT with 17,500 miles and in unbelievably excellent condition? She's spent most of her life pampered in my garage and has been waxed/detailed no less than 20 times.

D_Nyholm
02-04-2005, 11:33 AM
I'm going to cheap out and look for a M45 Sport with only Nav. That'll keep the MSRP right at $50,000. I would like to get all the other cool options, but the Sport seems to come with everything I need. I want the heated rear seats and the reclining rear seats but you have to get the mobile entertainment package and the better stereo (which of course I don't 'need').

David00214
02-04-2005, 02:39 PM
Yeah you can get the M45 minus a few whistles or the M35 with all the whistles for around 50k. You can also get a fully loaded FX45 for 50k from Grubbs using the VPP program. Decisions, Decisions... http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

tmds
02-04-2005, 08:09 PM
So far, I haven't found any dealership that's willing (or perhaps capable) of giving me a lease quote on the M45 with the options I want, at least via e-mail. Maybe Infiniti has not yet published the residual percentages and money factor. Or maybe this option combination is so bizarre that the dealerships can't even formulate an e-mail reply. Whatever the issue is, I am finally going to a dealership to speak with someone in person tomorrow to hopefully clarify what's going on.

M45 Sport, Technology Package, Journey Package, Mobile Entertainment System, Aerodynamic Body Kit, Rosewood trim

MSRP $59,550.

David00214
02-05-2005, 07:46 AM
My local dealer said they'll have demo vehicles in on the 11th, so you may also be able to test drive one if you wait a few days http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I test drove an FX45 yesterday. I was very impressed with how close it comes to my G35C in performance. Ride for me wasn't too bumpy. I just wish they had the M45's interior in the FX. That rosewood trim is very nice.

jwaters943
02-05-2005, 08:41 AM
I test drove an FX45 yesterday. I was very impressed with how close it comes to my G35C in performance. Ride for me wasn't too bumpy. I just wish they had the M45's interior in the FX. That rosewood trim is very nice.

Wait until this Fall. The new M35/45 is days away from arriving at showrooms, the QX56 is still fairly new and the Q45 and G35 both received revisions for '05. This leaves the FX, which based on Infiniti/Nissans recent timetable of vehicle re-freshes (i.e. Altima, G35) should get some attention for '06. Take it for what it's worth, but AutoSpies said that the FX will get an upgraded interior including the new Navigation system from the M, slightly revised exterior styling, a boost in HP and revised packages/features! I think we'll probably also see the Rosewood trim as an option on the FX since it's on both the '05 G and '06 M. Keep your fingers crossed. http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif