PDA

View Full Version : Sell it or Keep it - Opinions?

**DONOTDELETE**
12-29-2001, 12:18 AM
I bought a 95 SE in Sept. Now im selling my 89 Hatch Auto but have had no real interest in it here in NE Ohio (asking 2500 OBO). I am going back go college soon and dont know what to do. Sell it extra cheap (like 1300 maybe) or keep it and store it for awhile- hope nothing else breaks (shocks way gone) and see what happens after winter? It was my first car and I still love it in a way so I hate to let it go but I have no insurance on it and i could use the money of course. Just need some angles and opinions. Please help a 240 lover out.
Thanks,
Hughes9115

**DONOTDELETE**
12-29-2001, 04:26 PM
No? I dont know what to do. Any of you guys have an older 240 sitting around that you wish you would have sold when you had the chance?
Hughes9115

**DONOTDELETE**
12-29-2001, 04:51 PM
IMHO, keep it and use it for a parts car for the future. You know what you have and what it needs, unlike buying another car or truck for that purpose in the years ahead. Eventually it's value will start going up as it's value is probably bottomed out now.
But only you know what you want and/or need.

edit: I did not mean "parts car", I meant a "parts getter" car. Sorry.

-Royce

[ 12-29-2001: Message edited by: roycenagger ]

dan240t
12-29-2001, 04:59 PM
if you do not need the money BADLY, then keep it if you have no trouble storing it and letting it sit. perhaps later on you will have another s13 and you can use parts from it or part it out or etc. or you'll maybe end up planning on making it a sr with a 5 speed? do u know anyone in your family or friends who might be able to just "have" it for a while (hoping they dont wreck it) as long as they insure it and can give it back to you later? like temp car.

HyperTek
12-29-2001, 05:05 PM
take the front end off it, and put it on ur s14. then sell the rest of the car... so then u would have one kick a$$ s14/s13 hybrid.

**DONOTDELETE**
12-29-2001, 06:52 PM
Thanks guys-- good ideas too.