PDA

View Full Version : swapping from analog to HUD??

robkris8079
12-29-2001, 06:53 AM
What is required to put in the HUD from an s13 coupe into my fastback with analog gauges? Is it "plug and play"?

SLoWaSs13
12-29-2001, 07:01 AM
from what i have done yeh, i found a hud from a sohc coupe in the junk yard and took the dash and wire harness behind it, there is two plugs that are up in th dash behind the climate controls, its a ***** to get out but be paitence. then take ur dash out and remove the wire hanress of that, plug the plugs in of the hud hanress and turn the car on to check if everything is reading. mine worked great except my hud didnt come one. dunno if itsw broke or cus the wire hanress doesnt recieve the signal. so at the end im not really sure if it works by just plugin and playin lol. anyone have more info

90sr20det
12-29-2001, 07:20 PM
You'll need the digital gauge cluster, HUD assembly and wiring harness. The wiring harness will plug into your main wiring harness. You'll have to cut a hole on top of your dash to mount the HUD assembly and don't forget to plug it into the digital cluster. Pretty much plug and play(if you're not using the HUD).

Ken

[ 12-29-2001: Message edited by: 90sr20det ]

robkris8079
12-29-2001, 09:56 PM
I am not planning on using the HUD. I just thought it might be cool to have a digital speedo. Plus i busted my guage needles when i changed my guages. I wonder if you can change the color that the numerics light up. I am trying to keep everything red.

[ 12-29-2001: Message edited by: robkris8079 ]

**DONOTDELETE**
12-30-2001, 03:34 AM
I've never actually seen a picture of a HUD in the 240sx. Does anyone have any links i can see. I might be interested in this.