PDA

View Full Version : Story of a $8000 VENDOR RIP-OFF (JGY CUSTOMS in VA)

matthew210det
02-12-2005, 08:32 PM
Hi , my name is Matt , I own a 54k mile(orig) 210 and wanted to share some info about my experience w/ an install gone wrong. JGY customs Inc., of Atkins VA, did the (shoddy) work.

If you're curious about how they ripped me off ($8000), check out: Story of a JGY Customs RIP-OFF!!! (http://www.matthews210turboconversion.com)

Five10PacksDE
02-13-2005, 02:21 PM
Wow! That was a totally crappy job. I can weld better than those guys. Looked like bird [censored]. They really half assed everything. What backyard do they run this business out of?

Demon
02-13-2005, 10:50 PM
Sorry to hear about your 210, your website was so nerve racking I couldnt get past page 12. With all of those sickening pictures of what JGY did to your 210. I hope you sue the crap out of them.

Five10PacksDE
02-14-2005, 02:36 PM
Those cars look pretty cool. I think that is the car that datsport uses to make the sr20 510 conversion "handling kits." What does the stock rear end look like? Any pictures? Does it use a r160 like the 510? Sorry I am off subject. I have just been noticing those cars more lately and was curious.

fsae_alum
02-25-2005, 08:15 PM
Some people just don't know how to take pride in workmanship. That is a damn shame man. Ii am sorry to see that!!!

stock4door
02-27-2005, 06:22 AM
Please do not take this the wrong way. I in no way believe in shoddy work like that. I think it is a damn shame that any custom Nissan shop would let something like that leave their shop.
But from personal experience, $8000 really is not much to pay for something like that, especially if they included the engine and parts in that price. I just hope that you would be willing to pay more for quality work after this experience. That is kind of what I would expect (sadly enough) to see for a price like that. Inter-chassis engine swaps are not cake walk. It saddens me when kids see sr and ka powered datsuns and think it is a weekend swap like an sr20 s13.

Good work is hard to come by, Thanks for the heads up on your experience.

Demon
02-27-2005, 11:35 AM
Even if the price of the engine is included in the 8k price, that doesnt give any vendor the right to do this discusting alleged work. A good vendor would have quoted him the appropriate costs. If JGY were a decent vendor then they would have done the proper work then learned from there mistake and charge accordingly next time.

stock4door
02-28-2005, 03:50 AM
I do agree with you fully. I think it is saddening that a shop would let that work leave their facility. I think this whole thing is just more of a case of something to good to be true.
I have seen some swaps with the same quality work in the same category as this one done by even more "known" shops where the customer was actually happy with the end product.

I am also sure there is more to this story from doing some reading on sr20forum.

Danny

Punch
03-03-2005, 08:08 PM
I sympathize with the poster. However, I am curious as to why mathew210det has also posted in offtopic and has failed to stick around for comments or questions. There is probably more to the story, but there is no excuse for the shoddy work.

Five10PacksDE
05-06-2005, 03:12 AM
Hey man. Lets b buddies. Hahaha. check out my post. http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB28&Number=67959156&page =0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1
How about we create a new law against people that make unsafe equipment! LOL Damn, I got ripped off and am not afraid to let people know. Damn, I feel like a looser! Don't be one too!

Demon
05-06-2005, 07:24 AM
Dont feel like a loser Matt, chaulk this one up as a learning experience. Plus you are informing people to stay away from this vendor. Imagine the other people that have bought CM's products and never told anyone! I applaud you if anything for letting us know.

nismodave
05-13-2005, 11:59 PM
I think you should post this in 240 section also...

People have the right to know.

Hell......I tried to order a Flywheel from them 4 weeks ago and they called me back a week later. Enjuku got my business instead.

darthnismo
05-15-2005, 06:57 AM
I just looked at a few pictures, that is insane. I can't help wondering why they put the turbo on backwards. That is trivial compared to some of the other [censored]. I wish I had seen this earlier, maybe I could have contacted you to see if I can bring anything from Japan when I fly home this week (I am visiting family in Prince William county) I hate SRs but I have worked on a few in my time, if you need an extra wrench in June drop me an e-mail, I'll help if I can. If you need to burn this shop down I would be happy to give you an alibi http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/mad.gif