PDA

View Full Version : s14 greddy turbo elbow

srmatt
02-13-2005, 02:14 PM
I just installed a greddy turbo elbow on my s14 sr. The problem is that when i went to put it on the turbo it didn't go on, so what i did is i shaved down the parts that were hitting, the flange that seperates the wastegate from the actual exhaust. I got it on eventually and when i went to go drive it i felt a huge power difference. I looked down at my boost gauge i was boosting 1 bar from my previous 10 pounds that i had before. What i thought is that the piece that seperates the wastegate was holding the wastegate closed. I know this isn't normal and extremely bad for the motor so if anyone can help me out i would appreciate it.

Thanks!! e-mail socalplaya00@yahoo.com

Colorado_S14
02-14-2005, 07:36 AM
I do not think it is holding the wastegate shut. I bet the increase in flow is the cause for the boost jump. If you were at 10 psi before something was already causing higher than stock boost (controller?). 14 psi is not death.

srmatt
02-14-2005, 08:59 PM
Thanks for your post but i fixed it. The wastegate was not opening all the way because that flange was bent out too far, so i played around with it and it eventually worked.

srmatt
02-14-2005, 09:03 PM
No i don't have a boost controller. All i have is an equal length turbo manifold, the turbo elbow, front mount intercooler, and 3 inch exhaust with no cat. thats about it.