PDA

View Full Version : Infiniti M35 Sport (Black Obsidian)

DrewSRX
02-13-2005, 06:28 PM
I got a chance to drive both the M45 Sport and M35 at my local dealers M-Launch event. Both have to be some the nicest sedans I have driven lately, since the 545i 6MT and 745iL. Hopefully, I will be able to report more later.

Basically, I was highly impressed with their superb handling, refined looks, high quality interior, ample power, and tons of features. Both the VK and VQ respond almost instantly, with a mean exhaust note.

I think that the car looks best in Black Obsidian with the Sports package. The design of this car favors darker colors overall.

Thanks to Mike M. @MSN Auto's for these:

http://www.MyOnlineImages.com/Members/drewsrx/images/M1.jpg

http://www.MyOnlineImages.com/Members/drewsrx/images/M3.jpg

http://www.MyOnlineImages.com/Members/drewsrx/images/M2.jpg

http://www.MyOnlineImages.com/Members/drewsrx/images/M4.jpg

NJFXlover
02-13-2005, 10:35 PM
The rear looks SO good in black.

G_Nice
02-13-2005, 11:34 PM
I am seeing things correctly. I just posted (2006 Black M pics) pictures of a black M35x. If I am correct the Sport package included black trimming in the headline that highight the lense. The car seems sleeker, more sportier.

Could someone check the two post and let me know?

Thanks

G_Nice

jwaters943
02-14-2005, 08:08 AM
No, you're seeing it right. In addition to the retuned suspension & rear active steering the Sport Model also includes:

-19" alloy wheels
-Aluminum interior trim (dash, doors, center console & pedals)
-Blacked-out headlight trim

The Sport Model also has a couple more standard features, that are optional on the Base/AWD Models.

G Nice, another reason why the pics you took of the M35x don't look as sporty and sleek is the fact that the AWD version has just over .5" additional ground clearance which translates to more wheel gap.

fxjunke
02-14-2005, 01:32 PM
On the configure your M. Di I read this right...You cannot get the sport interior with the M35 all wheel drive.

dfw_danny
02-14-2005, 01:57 PM
On the configure your M. Di I read this right...You cannot get the sport interior with the M35 all wheel drive.

Correct

rscolemanaz
02-14-2005, 02:51 PM
Ok with previous post about dealer launch I called Scottsdale Infiniti 2/13 to see if they had the new M. Guess what they did. They had M35 on show room floor to look at sit in play with options etc… They had a M45 outside you could take for a drive. I looked and I drove and here are my thoughts.

First we took the tour of M35 it was non sport package but had just about every other bell and whistle on it minus the rear DVD screen and reclining and cooled rear seats. First impression the interior was fabulous the thing that caught my eye was the really cool texture and feel of headliner material. The front seats have adjustment for cooling and heating a simple knob is used left for cold right for heat in center is off, one per front seat. The automatic still has manual control mode like G35. This one you move towards driver. Forward is gear up back is gear down. Seats have adjuster in typical left side of driver’s seat. The wheel tilts and telescopes all via single controller. 2 memory setting they remember side mirrors, seat, transmission and wheel. The transmission is learning version and evidently has ability to learn two different drivers. Overall the interior was stunning. The DVD based NAV is in glove box along with Bluetooth. The DVD player (plays on navigation screen) was in center console. There are controls for radio, heating and cooling on dash there is an I Drive like control that can control any of this. The NAV system is very cool and had enough features I imagine it will take a couple of hours for dealer to do a delivery. The exterior is nice I would not call it stunning it is very elegant and all the lines work together. It is a mature version of G35 design. Front view is probably my favorite with side being close tie.

In all we looked over car for about 30 minutes went through NAV options watched part of DVD, and listed to radio, CD (note CD player will play MP3’s 6 disk worth). You can get the M with XM or Sirus your pick.

Now for drive well unfortunately or fortunately you chose, their was no M35 to test drive only and M45 sport. With key fob looking device on your person you push the start/stop button. The V8 fired right up however the interior was so quite and exhaust so quite you would not know it. The V8 pulls smooth and strong and continues to build power with no end in site. You had to be feeling for transmission up shifts or you will miss them. Ride was excellent. It was between that of Mercedes E sport and BMW 5 sport. Because of sport package it was riding on 19in rims but ride was still very compliant. Steering is heavy but does not feel artificially heavy. The in manual gear select mode the rev matched down shifts are awesome. I did not notice if the feature worked in regular drive.

Overall I have to say this was an awesome car. I have drive 545i and E320 and I would pick this car M45 over either. I just need to go back and drive the M35 when they get one.