PDA

View Full Version : Hydraulic Lash Adjusters???

sprocksilvia
02-16-2005, 11:55 PM
I took my head off my SR20DET down to a machine shop to have some broken exhaust manifold bolts taken out. Well they did a great job extracting the broken bolts, but they decieded to hot tank the head so they took the hydraulic lash adjusters out( the things the rocker arms sit on) and didn't label anything. So I come home and look at the FSM so see what it says and the FSM tells me that the Hydraulic lash adjusters should be labeled and not set on there sides!!(Which I know they were on there sides considering they were in a baggy) I have no idea what order these things go back in or if they have been set on there sides!! So how do I go about putting these things back in so they will work like they are suppose to?? Anything will help Thanks

Five10PacksDE
02-17-2005, 12:01 AM
Well, I would not be as concerned about the lifters being in the right place as I would be for the 1shims and the 2rockers. Lifters to me would be 3rd place. If there was a problem with one of them then u might possibly see bad wear on the rocker where the cam hits it. Honestly though, this is a good lesson. You should do that yourself b 4 u take it there. I woulda sent it with just the valves n springs still in place. They mighta charged you by the hour to take off the vavletrain. As long are in good working condition it should b find , but it never hurts to be anal about valvetrain

sprocksilvia
02-17-2005, 12:08 AM
Yeah everything looks really good as far as No scratches or really bad wear everything measures within FSM Specs. I am just worried about getting them in the right place. I laid out all the rocker arms and shims they are labeled and ready to go back in the head it was just the hydraulic lash adjusters

Five10PacksDE
02-17-2005, 03:17 AM
I am curious. How much are they new, each?

sprocksilvia
02-17-2005, 01:53 PM
I haven't checked so I am really not sure. I trying to just re-use these ones!!!