PDA

View Full Version : Dead odometer/tripmeter

**DONOTDELETE**
01-02-2002, 07:52 PM
I have a 1993 with 129,xxx kms on it and my odometer/tripmeter died tonight. I reset the tripmeter after filling the tank and I noticed that it was reading a little slow. For example a trip that should've registered 20kms only registered 10. Both the tripmeter and odometer stopped completely a short while later with the tripmeter reading 13.4kms. Strangely the speedometer still works and appears to read correctly, ie: no significant deviation. I tried several simple methods of attempting to correct this situation (resetting the tripmeter again and banging on the dash) but nothing worked.

Any suggestions?

**DONOTDELETE**
01-02-2002, 08:06 PM
Nevermind! It was fixed by hitting reset a few times.

Black2Forty
01-02-2002, 08:12 PM
Good 2 know that it was fixed, but just so u know i have the same problem. if i reset mine it will almost always freeze up somewhere within the first 100 miles. whats funny is it always does it between XX9 and xx0 miles, so like 19 and 20 or 9 and 10, i guess i got some gears that are messed up in there. Oh well, pretty pointless post but that has been bugging me. im 2 lazy 2 pull the gauge cluster 2 figure it out.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-03-2002, 06:14 AM
Huh, I have same problem and I think its no worth to worry. BUT:
+ your car has a less mileage when you sell it.
- you are in a trouble when service a car, especially with a belts. But just look frequently under the hood.