PDA

View Full Version : Picked up M35x Saturday...already problems!

ScottG61376
03-06-2005, 11:23 PM
I picked up my M35x (with Tech and Journey) on Saturday and it is already ready to go back to the dealer for service. The auto up function of the windows is not working (the down does work), and the car won't shift into the manu-matic mode. I know this is a first issue vehicle, but I really wasn't expecting to have the problems the first day I drove off of the lot!

Scott

glgtoy
03-07-2005, 05:57 AM
Sorry to hear that Scott. I know how fustrating it can be. I picked up my G35X and the AWD was constantly on. I was unable to park correctly because front wheels would always be pushing or pulling. But one trip to the dealer and it was all fixed. I am sure your dealer would probably fix the issue. Then you can fully enjoy the car.
I think it is very fustrating to pick up a new car and have these issues. Maybe infiniti dealers should have a dedicated person that looks the vehicle over, thoroughly, prior to giving to the customer. Maybe their JD power standing would go up a few lines. http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

dfw_danny
03-07-2005, 08:31 AM
I picked up my M35x (with Tech and Journey) on Saturday and it is already ready to go back to the dealer for service. The auto up function of the windows is not working (the down does work), and the car won't shift into the manu-matic mode. I know this is a first issue vehicle, but I really wasn't expecting to have the problems the first day I drove off of the lot!

Scott

It is not a PROBLEM it is a programming issue. Most of the early built cars were shipped with this feature turned off. Infiniti notified us of this issue before the first cars arrived. Your dealer should have handled this as part of PDI.

Here are the instructions for initializing the windows"

1. Disconnect the Battery for 1 minute
2. Reconnect the Battery
3. Push the start button to the to the ON position
4. Lower ALL the Windows
5. Disconnect battery for 5 to 10 minutes
6. Reconnect Battery
7. Raise one Window Manually to the Full upright position (Completely UP and closed) and hold the Window Button until the window completely closes and hold the button up for 10 to 12 seconds after the window is completely up.
8. Repeat this step for the remaining windows one window at a time.

psteng19
03-07-2005, 01:01 PM

Scott

It is not a PROBLEM it is a programming issue. Most of the early built cars were shipped with this feature turned off. Infiniti notified us of this issue before the first cars arrived. Your dealer should have handled this as part of PDI.

Here are the instructions for initializing the windows"

1. Disconnect the Battery for 1 minute
2. Reconnect the Battery
3. Push the start button to the to the ON position
4. Lower ALL the Windows
5. Disconnect battery for 5 to 10 minutes
6. Reconnect Battery
7. Raise one Window Manually to the Full upright position (Completely UP and closed) and hold the Window Button until the window completely closes and hold the button up for 10 to 12 seconds after the window is completely up.
8. Repeat this step for the remaining windows one window at a time.

What about his manual shift mode issue?

D_Nyholm
03-07-2005, 02:51 PM
With all this crazy multiplex wiring in a car, usually a good battery disconnect will work wonders!! I had a bunch of cars apart working on electrical systems. If you turn the car on (not running) with some things disconnected, when you button it all up, there are usualyl some major problems (speedo no longer working, gas gauge reading opposite of normal). Disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes usually fixes 99% of the electrical bugs...

dfw_danny
03-07-2005, 02:58 PM

Scott

Explain what you mean when you say "the car won't shift into the manu-matic mode." Are you saying the shifter won't move over or that it will move over but doesn't shift.

ScottG61376
03-08-2005, 12:12 AM

Scott

Explain what you mean when you say "the car won't shift into the manu-matic mode." Are you saying the shifter won't move over or that it will move over but doesn't shift.

The shifter will move over to the manu-matic position, but the indicator stays on "D" and shifting up or down has no effect.